101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Tel: (234 – 9) 314- 74 27 -9, (234 – 9) 314- 74 27 -9
Fax: (234 – 9) 314- 76 46, (234 – 9) 314- 30 05
From: 9/10/2014; to: 30/10/2014
Client: ECOWAS COMMISSION
Type: Expressions of Interest
Title: Recruitment of the Technical Consultant for the ECOWAS Radio/TV Project
The most dominant platform for mass communication is radio and television broadcasting. A radio and television station that is available to all the citizens of the ECOWAS community would play a key role towards the needed awareness creation, garnering the necessary buy-in and citizen support for the activities of ECOWAS. The establishment of an ECOWAS radio/television station is essential towards the attainment of the vision, aims and objectives of the Community. The involvement of ECOWAS citizens in the creation of programming contents for the broadcasting station(s) would further promote the integration efforts of the Community. Learning about the various cultures, common values, attributes and shared challenges with perspectives from the entire community would break down ‘boundaries’ and promote unity in diversity.
- In this regard, the ECOWAS commission intends to recruit a team of 4 consultants to assist the ECOWAS Television project Coordinator who is responsible for designing, managing, implementing, and control the deployment of the ECOWAS Radio Television Project.
- The Technical Consultant will contribute to the feasibility studies of the project by designing the technical architecture of the project, proposing the best transmission scheme, listing the equipment needed, analyzing the technical implication on the choice of the headquarter. He also will be responsible of writing the TOR for the equipment acquisition, controlling the compatibility of equipment delivered, writing the TOR for the construction of the technical infrastructure, to control the construction of the technical infrastructures and validate the testing of the technical implementation.
- The consultant should have a perfect knowledge of the Radio Television station and the Digital Technology environment. Experience in the ECOWAS region would be an advantage.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past five (5) years; IT knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project.
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant).
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9: 00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5 .00 p.m. (GMT+1).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Unit, 101,Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P. M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked: “Recruitment of the Technical Consultant for the ECOWAS Radio/TV Project, do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below by Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 10.30 a.m. (GMT+1). The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, General Administration & Conference, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
- This request for EoI can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int/services
Commissioner, General Administration & Conference