Request for Expression of Interest and Prequalification for – Site Clearing & Sand Filling at Azikel Power Limited
AZIKEL POWER LIMITED
Request for Expression of Interest and Prequalification for – Site Clearing & Sand Filling
Azikel Power Limited is undertaking the project development phase of its IPP adjacent to the location of the National Integrated Power Plant (NIPP) built plant at Gbarain Ubie, near Yenagoa in Bayelsa State, The planned initial total gross capacity is 500MW. The plant will be built in phases with Phase 1 having a plant installed capacity of 84MW. Phase 2 will involve an additional capacity of 260MW. In the third (3rd) phase, and with the proper economic incentive in place, phases 1 and 2 will be converted to combined cycles in two blocks of 2:1 with the two (2) steam turbines adding an additional capacity of 172MW (42MW from Block 1 and 130MW from Block 2 respectively) thus bringing the gross plant capacity to 516 MW under ISO conditions. Since there is the availability of non-saline (fresh water) surface water from River Nun that shares boundary with project site, this would be relied on as primary water source for cooling and domestic/industrial requirements will be met from deep boreholes. The plant will sit on a 38.5 hectares land and Power from phase 1 would be evacuated via a 132KV transmission line. A 330/132KV onsite AIS switchyard will be constructed onsite. A geotechnical and topographic survey have been undertaken for the power plant site. Also, a bathymetric survey of a close region of the river nun is available.
The topographic survey reports that the status of the area is relatively flat and is about 1.2 meters lower from the reference in-situ point, which is the coordinated height,
- AZIKEL 02, 200529.441mE, 555516.030
- AZIKEL 03.200530.404mE, 555525.210
Level based on:
- =6 700m Lagos Datum
- = 6.505m Lagos datum
Towards the northern part of the site, is a minor creek that is caused by water that runs off from the gas pipeline right of way into the site and this marks the lowest points In the project site. The height difference between this part and the reference point A is 2.6m.This portion of the land is shown on the DTM of the site and all coordinates are based on Universal Traverse Macarto (UTM) which has the parameter 32N UTM.
Taking into consideration settlements that would occur, we intend to attain a final level of 3m or 1,3m above reference Across all aspects of the project site.
Azikel Power Limited now requires the services of Contractors so undertake the vegetation clearing and sand-filling of the project site to the required height. The successful Contractor would be responsible for obtaining all Federal and Local approvals and permits as part of its scope of work. Also the task must meet all local and international standards relevant to this type of activity.
Interested companies must provide the following information
- Company’s registration with relevant professional and/or regulatory bodies,
- Capacity Profile (technical equipment available)
- Evidence of experience in at least five (5) referenced job of similar nature and complexity executed within last ten (10) years.
- This must include:
(a) Verifiable letters of contract award, certificates of job completion.
(D) Concise description of each reference job that must include type and basic technical data of the job
(c) Evidence of having executed similar jobs that delivered minimum of 1 million cm3 of sand in a single project
Company profile with a copy of certificate of Incorporation, memorandum and Articles of Association and Corporate Affairs Commission Forms CAC-2 and CAC-7, where registered in Nigeria, and Consortium Agreement for Joint Ventures.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for Nigerian firms and Audited Financial Reports/Audited Accounts – for the last 3 years indicating specified minimum Annual Turnover in naira or its equivalent in any international currency.
Contractors will be selected in accordance with internal Customer’s procedure and World Bank standards for contract award process. The Pre-Qualification clarifications can be obtained in writing from the Azikel Power Limited by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
Application with all the required documents should be packaged in binder. The binders shall be enclosed and sealed in a main envelope that is marked “PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR CLEARING AND SAND-FILLING”, addressed and submitted to:
Azikel Power Limited.
Natural Gas Based Power Project
Tunama Village, Gbarain-Bayelsa State
No16A Nun Street. Off Danube, Off IBB Boulevard,
Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Application with all required documents should be submitted in an original with one (1) hard copy and electronic copy on or before 5.00pm on November 28, 2014.
- Pre-Qualification documents must be in accordance with the requirements set forth above.
- This invitation is not an invitation to tender and it does not obligate Azikel Power Limited to consider a responding company for invitation to tender or inform them of any resultant action. Azikel Power Limited reserves the right to either accept or reject any submittal at its sole discretion. Only successful pre-qualified bidders will be invited in due course to tender.
- All costs incurred as a result of this Pre-Qualification and any subsequent request for information shall be to the responding company’s account.
- Please note that only successful bidders will be contacted and late submissions will be rejected
The Project Consultant
Azikel Power Ltd 16ANun Street
Off Danube Street, Off IBB Boulevard
Maitama, Abuja. FCT,
PROJECT CONSULTANT: +234 8162037860
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: +23480599996G5