Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) at NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP)
ANAMBRA STATE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP)
Project ID: PI24905
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) For Focal NGO under the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP’) in Anambra State, Nigeria.
This request for expression of Interest follows the update of the general procurement notice for this project that appeared In UN Development Business Issue of 27th April, 2012 and In Nigerian newspapers of 27th September 2012.
As part of Governments commitment to transformation of the Nigerian socio- economy landscape, a multi-sector project is being executed in Nigeria to mitigate the vulnerability to erosion and support the people as they relate to their land. The Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) is an 8-year multi-sectoral and multi-scale program that targets states with acute gully erosion. The project is involving many Federal and State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Local Governments, communities and civil Societies who are responsible for Planning, economy, finance, works, agriculture, water resources, forests, transport, power, emergency response as well as those focused on climate and hydrological information or watershed/basin regulation. In order to achieve this, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit of US$500 million from the International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project
The Federal Project Management Unit of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project intends to use part of the proceeds of the credit for the recruitment of Focal Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) to coordinate Community Sensitization and Social Mobilization, etc. to improve governance, regulatory – compliance, environmental monitoring, impact evaluation in the States NEWMAP (at the State and Local Government/ grassroots/catchment levels).
The focal NGO will focus on community mobilization and social accountability on participatory watershed management (working closely with the engineering teams), livelihoods, safeguards, action learning, O&M, and beneficiary verification. NGO is expected to encourage gender equity in community organization and responsibilities.
Specifically the focal NGO will provide the following services:
l). Implement Community Sensitization and Mobilization component of the project
- Ensure that participating communities are aware, understands and buy into the philosophy of the project
- Ensure that the local community is well informed and empowered to participate in land-use planning and conservation measures.
- Promote active community participation in project identification, design, implementation and monitoring to ensure effective and timely implementation, etc.
2). Implement Capacity Development of Community Stakeholders.
- Train and equip the Community Associations to manage sub-grants under activity sets 1.B3 and 1.C2, and to participate in the broader Site Committee etc.
- Identify other training needs of the community stakeholders within the context of the project development objective.
- Develop training manuals for community project implementation committees, etc.
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E).
- Develop community P.M &E framework,
- Promote coordination with State Project Management Unit (SPMU)
- Develop the log frame for the project and apply it in monitoring project implementation and reports to ensure compliance with set objectives and data quality assurance, etc.
- Managing Relational Issues on the Project
- Signs MOU with the SPMU, the community and other relevant project organs, b. Prepares timely workplan and submit same to the SPMU as and at when due.
- Articulates and presents timely reports to the SPMU, etc. The consulting firm (NGO) will be hired for an initial period of two years to provide the services.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS (EOIs)
Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) now invite eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in, providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform services.
The short listing criteria are:
- Evidence showing the fields of specialty of the firm (NGO’s profile/brochures)
- Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration),
- Evidence of registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies.
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capabilities of the firm in the field of assignment.
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region,
- Description of similar assignments,
- Availability of appropriate skills among staff, and availability of essential technology- software, etc.). For each previous project performed, the consultant- NGO must provide the name and contact address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
The attention of interested Consultants (firm) is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”) Please visit www.worldbank.org. Setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to the assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines.
Consultants-NGOs may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours n (10.00 am to 16.00 pm).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 22nd December, 2014.
State Project Management Unit (SPMU)
ANAMBRA State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (ANS-NEWMAP) Attention: Engr. Godwin Ebih State Ministry of Environment Chief Jerome Udoiji Secretariat Complex, Awka,
Anambra State, Nigeria