United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria Country Office
Expression of Interest (EOI)
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria Country Office is seeking interested Service Providers for Pre-Intervention Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) Study in Nigeria
In support of the Government of Nigeria’s efforts to address the country’s water and sanitation challenges, UNICEF Nigeria is implementing a DFID-funded Sanitation, Hygiene and Water (SHAWN II) project in Nigeria from 2014 to 2017. The overall goal of SHAWN is to contribute to the reduction of water and sanitation-related diseases and improved health in the intervening 70 LGAs. The services of a consulting firm is required to carry out a pre-intervention KAP Study in the six intervening states (Katsina, Kaduna, Benue, Jigawa, Zamfara and Bauchi).
- Determination of pre intervention household level WASH-related knowledge, attitudes and practices of the communities using the project log frame indicators.
- Develop a clear work schedule and research design within the stipulated time frames.
- Hold pre-study meeting with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and administer questionnaire (some of the questions in the recently conducted SHAWN I post-KAP survey will be relevant – to be provided by UNICEF).
- Produce inception, draft and final report.
- Conduct inception and post study stakeholder workshop for report validation.
Qualification: The selected firm will be a professional firm with a track record of at least five years of relevant experience in conducting similar studies. The team of the selected firm will need to demonstrate their experiences both in quantitative and qualitative research techniques, particularly as applied to rural populations. Experience working with ethnically diverse and illiterate populations and managing large mainly rural-based studies is essential.
The firm should pay special attention to the following when submitting The Expression of Interest:
- Brief work plan; research design and methodology showing sample size determination
- Ability to mobilise multiple teams to carry out survey in more than one state at a time
- Submission of CVs of the key personnel and qualitative field staff proposed.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested service providers are required to complete and submit the Supply Profile Form (SPF), which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3841.html or obtained by sending an enquiry to email@example.com . Supporting documents as indicated in the SPF shall be submitted to meet the mandatory requirements for prequalification.
EOIs should be submitted to; firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 28th November 2014, 12 Noon. Please quote “EOI Abuja/2014/014 WASH” as subject in your correspondence. Response to this EOI does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender. UNICEF reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. UNICEF also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document.