Call for Expression of Interest at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
To: Civil Society Organizations / Community Based Organizations for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) in Lagos State.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading indigenous not-for profit, non-governmental organization established in Nigeria in 1989 in response to the health and social needs of the disadvantaged groups in rural and urban communities ARFH is committed to improving the quality of the life of the people in Nigeria and elsewhere in sub-Sahara Africa. Since its inception, ARFH has consistently responded to the public health challenges including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, maternal mortality and morbidity and sexual and reproductive health problems in Nigeria.
ARFH has just been awarded a USAID grant to implement a 5- year (2014- 2018) family-centred Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project titled “Accelerated and Sustainable Approach to Mitigate Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Caregivers (ASAMIHAS)” in selected states in the country, including Lagos State. The project in Lagos aims at expanding access to sustainable care and support services to 151,300 OVCs and 6050 households over 5 years.
ARFH is delighted to announce the release of this call for Expression of Interest for local Nigerian Civil Society Organizations/Community Based Organizations to implement interventions for Vulnerable Children (OVCs) in 5 local governments in Lagos State under this project. Notes of Expression of Interest is being solicited for sub-grants from CSO/CBOs who have the capacity, drive and hands on experience to provide comprehensive, coordinated care for vulnerable children, while building household capacity to care for their own children as frontline providers of care and support The Local Governments are Ikorodu, Agege, Epe, Kosofe and Ojo.
Successful organizations will be contributing to the overall project goal of improving the quality of life of OVCs, their caregivers and their households. Successful CBOs will be funded by USAID through a Grants Mechanism managed by ARFH. Successful organizations are expected to work in collaboration with state and local government structures as well as the private sector.
Guidelines for Expression of Interest
Applicants should submit expressions of interest no longer than 5 pages, including the following details:
- Their current level of experience in implementing OVCs programs in the state for which they are applying.
- The main issues faced by vulnerable children in Lagos State.
- An understanding of the existing mechanisms for responding to OVCs in Lagos State
- A description of how they would work with the government, other civil society partners and the Private Sector to deliver comprehensive and coordinated support for OVCs.
- Their current organizational structure (organogram) Successful applicants to the LOPIN grant mechanism will be invited to submit a comprehensive proposal.
Key Criteria for selection:
- Demonstrated familiarity with the status of the national OVC response in Lagos state and its critical gaps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the communities in the LGAs where the most need exist (HIV prevalence, high numbers of highly vulnerable children).
- Demonstrated awareness of state/local government OVC interventions in the state.
- Demonstrated prioritization of essential gaps that need to be addressed for OVCs.
- Proposed realistic and achievable solutions to the identified problems.
- Demonstrated clear linkages with other sectors including the private sector, government and other civil society organizations
- Applicants must have been legally registered in Nigeria before 01 January 2010.
- Applicants must be working in the state where they propose to work.
- Applicants must have at least three years of experience in OVC service delivery.
- Applicants must be able to provide their most recent audited financial statement or certified annual financial report.
ARFH anticipates making up to 5 awards per state, for an initial one year period beginning November 2014.
Awards are based on selected partner’s capacity verified by an institutional capacity assessment. Grants are renewable based on performance for up to 5 years.
Kindly send your application and covering letter with the title “Expression of Interest on or before 24th October 2014 explaining why you are suitable to: email@example.com or as a mail package and addressed to:
The Chief of Party, ASAMIHAS
ARFH House, Plot 815A, Army Officers’ Mess Road, Near Ikolaba Grammar School, Agodi G.R.A., Ikolaba, Ibadan
P.O. Box 30259 Secretariat, Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria