Expressions of Interest of Two (2) Individual Consultants for the Automation of the ECOWAS Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) System Including Reporting Application in Abuja
101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent
Tel: (234-9) 314 -7647-9, (234-9) 314 -7427-9
Fax: (234-9) 314 -7646, (234 – 9) 314 – 3005
From: 12/09/2014; To: 9/10/2014
Client: ECOWAS Commission
Type: Expressions of Interest
Title: Recruitment of Two (2) Individual Consultants for the Automation of the ECOWAS M&E System (including Reporting Application): 1 Expert in M&E and 1 Expert in IT
1. The system for the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of ECOWAS regional integration programmes is being formalized and established in a phased approach, starting from the ECOWAS Commission and gradually extending to other stakeholders, mainly the other Institutions and Specialised Agencies, as well as the national structures participating in regional integration. To-date, all M&E activities for the ECOWAS Commission (mainly towards the preparation of quarterly and annual performance reports) are carried out based on procedures and tools of an M&E Manual (as from December 2011). Also, through a thorough work conducted under the auspices of the Forum of Stakeholders on ECOWAS M&E System, an ECOWAS M&E Handbook has been validated, as well as performance frameworks and baseline data for programmes initiated by all Institutions and Specialized Agencies. The key objective of this work is to launch (by 2015) the preparation, on a regular basis, of a consolidated performance report of all ECOWAS regional programmes.
- Apart from the performance data on the programmes designed to contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Community, the preparation of the performance reports and other related M&E outputs involves collection, processing, management and analysis of data from various domains, including Strategic Planning, Finance, Human Resources, Administration, and other relevant support services, in order to appreciate the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations targeted by the performance analysis.
- To facilitate the reporting on performance of programmes in the two dimensions of monitoring and evaluation, it was felt necessary to automate these functions of the system. This would cover all stakeholders of regional integration. As regard particularly the evaluation, the automation platform is expected to consider management of information from independent sources, such as surveys, study results and related operations.
- The participation of Member States in the regional integration is crucial for its success. Apart from the current mechanisms of cooperation and collaboration (meetings, dialogue), it would be necessary to further strengthen the mechanism of their participation, particularly the extent to which they participate in the implementation of Community Decisions. It is therefore envisaged that the M&E system would include the monitoring of the level of implementation of the legal instruments of the Community by Member States.
- The overall objective of the assignment is to develop an IT application to support the operationalization of the ECOWAS M&E system (designed through the M&E Handbook and the different performance frameworks and baseline data).
- The consultants should have sound experience in M&E practices and development of IT platform. Experience in the ECOWAS region would be an advantage. The consultancy should be led by the M&E Expert.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past five (5) years; IT knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant).
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9: 00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5 .00 p.m. (GMT+1).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement
Unit, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P. M. B.
401 Abuja Nigeria, Email: email@example.com
10. Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly
marked: “Recruitment of Two (2) Individual Consultants for the Automation
of the ECOWAS M&E System (including Reporting Application): 1 Expert in
M&E and 1 Expert in IT, do not open except in presence of the Tender
Committee” to the address below by Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 10.30 a.m.
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, General Administration & Conference, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
11. This request for EoI can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int/services
Commissioner, General Administration & Conference