Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (Alco)
Abidjan-Lagos Trade and Transport Facilitation Project (ALTFP)
Ida Grant N° H549-TG
2016 Edition of the HIV Integrated Behavioral and Biological Surveillance Survey Among the Truckers, their Apprentices and Sex Workers Patronizing the Ports of Apapa (Nigeria), Cotonou (Benin), Lome (Togo), Tema (Ghana) and Abidjan (Cote D’Ivoire)
Request for Expression of Interest N°l63/07/20l5/0CAL/SE/UPM/BM
Date: 9th July, 2015
IDA GRANT N° H549-TG of August 06, 2010
(1) The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) has received financing from the World Bank to implement the HIV component of the Abidjan-Lagos corridor Trade and Transport Facilitation Project (ALTTFP).
(2) ALCO intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposal is issued: Organizing a HIV Integrated Behavioral and Biological Surveillance Survey (IBBSS) among the truckers, their apprentices and sex workers patronizing the ports of Apapa (Nigeria), Cotonou (Benin), Lome (Togo), Tema (Ghana) and Abidjan (Cote d’lvoire). More details on the services are provided in the Terms of Reference.
(3) ALCO Secretariat based in Cotonou, Benin Republic invites eligible and interested firms or group of consultants with a proof of experience in epidemiological survey particularly in IBBSS, to submit an expression of interest for the required services. Applicants must provide information on their ability to provide such services (brochures, description of similar work, key competencies in their teams, etc.)
(4) The consultants will be selected in accordance with the quality-based selection procedures, defined in Guideline: Selection and Appointment of consultants by the May 2004 and revised October 2006 World Bank Borrowers.
(6) The expected duration of the mission is six weeks spread on six months.
(7) Potential applicants can obtain additional information from ALCO address stated below.
(8) Deadline for submission of applications is July 24, 2015 at 9.00 am (Benin time) and the envelop must clearly show “Expression of Interest for Consultancy services for the 2016 edition of the HIV Integrated Behavioral and Biological Surveillance Survey among the truckers, their apprentices and sex workers patronizing the ports of Apapa (Nigeria), Cotonou (Benin), Lome (Togo), Tema (Ghana) and Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire)”.
(9) The planned commencement of the mission is October 2015.
(10) ALCO address as said above:
Executive Secretary of Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization
Immeuble Alapini, Rue 234, Camp Guezo, 02 BP 2302 Cotonou, Benin
Tel: (+229) 21 31 35 79 / 21 31 35 91;