Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Provision of Non Regular Staff
NipeX Tender Number: 0400216
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited Operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture requires the services of competent and qualified indigenous companies to provide Non-regular staffing to address cyclical workloads, and non-core activities. They will be required to effectively recruit and manage non-regular staff deployed to Company locations.
(2) Scope of Work
These agencies will be used to provide Non-regular staff in support of Company base business. Non-regular Staff personnel will be needed for a wide variety of skills.
Agency services include (but are not limited to):
- Identification and recruitment of qualified Nigerian candidates
- Matching credentials of candidates to defined experience and expertise requirements and submitting screened candidate to Company for final selection.
- Administration of security background and medical checks
- Administration of compensation packages
- In-processing and orientation training administration
- Basic training of personnel in areas of business ethics, sexual harassment, safety management
- Salary, benefits and personnel administration of Non Regular Staff
- Administration and liability of all payment concerns including tax, pension, payroll burdens, life insurance and workmen’s compensation
- Administration of agency’s Alcohol and Drug use policy (in compliance with MPN Alcohol and Drug Policy)
- Administration of non-regular staff relocations as required
- Provision of routine medical and emergency medical treatment regardless of cause (including Medivac in serious cases)
- Provision of appropriate safety PPE
- Administration of NRS safety measures at assigned locations
- Develop, maintain and implement a training plan to enhance business practice capabilities and improve performance during the term of the contract.
- Administer Labour relations strategy; meetings, bargaining and all required to ensure industrial harmony is maintained.
- Tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor efficiencies/effectiveness.
(3) Mandatory Requirements
(A) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the Manpower Supply, Temporary Staff Hiring (Administrative) – Service Code 39919 or Manpower Supply, Temporary Staff Hiring (Technical) – Service Code 39918 category in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(B) To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(C) If you are not listed in a product/Service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(D) To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(E) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
(4) Nigerian Content
Nigerian Content (NC) in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in line with its vision for Nigerian Content (NC) development has enacted the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act).
NNPC/MPN JV requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
To be pre-qualified, bidders will be expected to provide the following details at this prequalification stage:
- NC Plan that addresses utilization of Nigerian Labor, Services, Materials and Equipment for this service
- A detailed description of your company’s committed infrastructure in Nigeria (addresses of engineering offices, list of equipment and engineering software packages, etc)
- Details of your company’s Ownership Structure. Attach copies of CAC forms (C02&C07)
- Training and certification program you have in place for your Nigerian personnel including list of relevant training attended by indigenous staff in the last 3 years
- The percentage of key Management positions (line managers) that are held by Nigerians. Also provide percentage of total Company workforce and staff (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
In line with the NOGICD Act, Bidders will also be required to submit as part of its technical submission a Nigerian Content Plan demonstrating compliance with the NC requirements in the Act.
Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
(5) Close Date
Only Tenderers who are registered in the relevant NJQS product/service Code as at Monday December 22nd 2014, being the advert close date, shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
(6) Additional Information
(A) Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
(B) Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
(C) This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
(D) This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
(E) NNPC/MPN reserves the right to reject any and or all prequalified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no costs whatsoever.
(F) All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
(G) MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos