Request for Expressions of Interest at The Nigeria Extractive industries Transparency initiative (NEITI)
The Nigeria Extractive industries Transparency initiative (NEITI)
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Multi Donor Trust fund Grant for the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative NIGERIA: Extractive Industries Transparency Post Compliance Grant Project
Consultancy Services for an Independent Data Base Management and IT Consultant to Provide Preparation and Implementation Support for the NEITI Industry Audit Data Management System (NIADMS)
Trust Fund Number: TF014025-NG
Request for Expressions of Interest
Issuance Date: 23/10/2013
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has obtained a grant from the NEITI Multi – Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) administered by the World Bank towards the cost of an individual consultancy service. The purpose is to secure Information Technology (IT) technical development and implementation support assistance on all activities on the critical path for design and development of the NEITI industry Audit Database Management System (NIADMS).
For this purpose, NEITI is seeking to engage the services of an individual consultant to conceptualize the NIADMS framework as well as provide project preparation and implementation support. The services required include but are not limited to:
- Strategic review &needs assessment for the NEITI industry Audit Database Management System (NIADMS);
- Develop the conceptual framework for the NIADMS
- Project Preparation Support for the NIADMS
- Project Implementation Support – Contract Monitoring, Supervision & Quality Control for the NIADMS
SUBMISSIONS OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOIs)
NEITI now invites eligible consultants with a broad background in IT systems (including database developments planning), database management, data base design implementation & maintenance and information management or monitoring data and procurement of IT systems. The consultant should have the following qualifications
- Advanced degrees in Information Systems, IT Technology, Statistics, Computer Engineering, or other relevant discipline. Other trainings in the area of assignment will be an asset;
- The Consultant should have over 10 years’ experience in the development, procurement and implementation of IT systems, which should include professional experience in database management, database design and maintenance, information management or monitoring data. Interested consultants must provide information on the following:
- Profile of the individual consultant;
- Description of similar assignments executed in the sector by the consultant including experience in similar region;
- Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies/associations (e.g. Project management, ICT certifications).
Evaluation of competence and qualification of the consultant will be undertaken on the basis of aforementioned requirements to be met by the consultant. Interested consultants should download a copy of the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment by clicking on the MDTF Menu on www.neiti.org.ng.
A consultant will be selected through Individual Consultant Qualification (IC) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published in May 2004, revised January 2011.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below between 9:00am-5:00pm.
One original and five copies of the Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be delivered to the address below not later than 5th November, 2013 by 5.00pm in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expressions of Interest for an Independent Data Base Management and IT consultant to provide preparation and implementation support for NEITI Industry Audit Data Management System (NIADMS)”
The Executive Secretary
4th floor, Murjanatu House,
1 Zambezi Crescent,
Off Aguiyi lronsi Street,
Phone: +234-9-2905984, +234-9-2906623- 4
Web Site: http://ww.neiti.org.ng