Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) at Bauchi State Public Governance Reform and Development Project
Bauchi State Government of Nigeria
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Consultancy Services for Diagnostic Review of Existing Monitoring System; Design a Monitoring & Evaluation System for Relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and Training Need Analysis
Project: Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project (World Bank Assisted)
Credit Number: 46670-MG
Advertisement Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received credit from the international Development Association (IDA) to Finance the cost of implementing Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project (PSGRDP). Bauchi State Government is one of the beneficiaries of the credit facility. The Project Development Objective is to improve transparency, accountability and quality in public finance and human resource management systems, with a view to strengthen governance in participating states. Bauchi State Public Sector Governance Reform & Development Project intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for Consultancy Services.
Bauchi State Public Governance Reform and Development Project now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignment, experience and evidence of any similar assignment carried out in the past with relevant references, availability of appropriate staff, etc).
The Service required is as follows:
(I) Conduct Diagnostic Review of Existing Monitoring System;
Design a Monitoring & Evaluation System for Relevant Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Design of a Web-Based Monitoring Information Management System (MIS) and Training Need Analysis
The key Objectives of the following Consultancy assignment are:
- To carry out a diagnostic review of existing M&E System
- Design a result-based M&E framework
- Develop an M&E implementation manual
- Conduct a comprehensive M&E training needs assessment for MDAs
- Conduct a comprehensive diagnostic review of existing M&E systems in the state. This should include: all the MDAs and some selected NGOs, CSOs as well as Development Partners for comparative analysis.
- Design/develop a result based M&E system for the state
- Conduct a training needs assessment for strengthening the state M&E system.
- Develop a terms of reference for a state M&E coordinating committee
- Review/develop a state policy
- Develop an M&E implementation manual for the state public finance and human resources management projects and programs
- Development a unified result-based M&E framework for the state.
- Design and institutional mechanism for the effective implementation of the M&E Framework.
- Design of a monitoring information management system with functional specifications
- Minimum Qualification:
- A reputable firm with considerable experience of not less than 7 years and capacity in conducting and developing M&E system, policy and training need assessment for a public sector organization or a publicly quoted organization.
- Experience of having carried out a similar assignment anywhere in Nigeria would be an added advantage
- Availability of relevant and experienced key staff.
Selection of consultant:
A consultant will be selected using Consultant’s Qualification (CQ) Method and in accordance with the procedures set out in Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits by World Bank Borrowers, January, 2011.
Interested consulting firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday except public holidays.
Expression of interest (one original, two copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Diagnostic Review of Existing Monitoring System; Design a Monitoring & Evaluation System for Relevant Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Design of a web-based monitoring information management system (MIS) and Training Need Analysis” must be delivered to the address below not later than 26th November, 2013 during office hours 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday except public holidays. Only shortlisted firm would be invited of notified for further correspondence.
- The output from this assignment will be used for setting up the M&E system including staff training.
- The consulting firm that undertakes this assignment CONNOT be hired by the project to provide any form of M&E implementation support including M&E trainings and setting up of a web-based MIS.
Bauchi State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
Attn: Mohammed Aminu Ibrahim
Abubakar Umar Secretariat Phase 1, Ground Floor, Room 020
Yakubun Bauchi Road (Opp. Central Bank Building)
Phone No. 2348033851934