Request for Expression of Interest as Consultants at Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC)
Universal Basic Education Commission
7 GWANI Street,
Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja
Request for Expression of Interest as Consultants
Advert No: UBEC/PU/CONS/NEASS/123/VOL1
Date: December 20th, 2013
One of the mandates of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) requires it to submit progress reports on the implementation of Universal Basic Education Programme to Government from time to time. In fulfillment of this mandate, the Commission requires the services of competent Consulting Firms to carry out some needs assessment activities and monitoring of projects to enable it gather useful information on needs assessment and achievements of the Commission in the basic education sub-sector.
It is in this regard therefore that the Commission requires the services of reputable registered Consultants to carry out the assignment. Interested firms are hereby requested to indicate their interest in providing these services by submitting Expression of Interest (EOI) documents.
B. Scope of Work
The scope of work includes: Carrying-out comprehensive Needs Assessments and Achievements activities of the Universal Basic Education Programme across the country thus:
1. North East Zones (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe States)
2. North West Zones (Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara States)
3. North Central Zones (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau States and FCT Abuja)
4. South West Zones (Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo States)
5. South East Zones (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States)
6. South South Zones (Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross-River, Delta, Edo and Rivers States)
7. Consolidation of the individual reports by National Consultants.
Expression of Interest Requirements
- Photocopies of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Audited Accounts for years 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Photocopies of Tax Clearance Certificates for years 2010,2011 and 2012.
- Company profile with details of key staff inclusive of certificates and Curriculum Vitae.
- Evidence of Financial capability from a reputable bank.
- Evidence of previous similar assignments for years 2010, 2011 & 2012.
- Evidence of Compliance with ITF Provisions and Remittance.
- Evidence of Compliance with Pencom Provisions and Remittance.
D. Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
All interested Firms are requested to submit two copies each of their Expression of Interest documents sealed and marked as “Original” and “Duplicate” Expression Of Interest As Consultants, and to be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary
Universal Basic Education Commission,
7, Gwani Street, off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Attention: Ag. Head of Procurement Unit.
E. Closing Date for Submission of Documents
All submissions must be made not later than 11.00am on Wednesday 29th January, 2014. The Request for Proposal documents will be opened immediately thereafter same day in the presence of Consultants or their representatives who choose to attend.
Further clarifications can be obtained from the Procurement Unit between the hours of 10.00 am and 2.00 pm (Monday to Friday).
Note: Only shortlisted firms will be requested to collect Request for Proposal documents.
Ag. Head, Procurement Unit
For: Executive Secretary