Invitation to Tender at Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre NNAMDI Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja
Invitation to Tender
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) in fulfillment of its mandate in the aviation transformation roadmap and in accordance with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, invites interested and eligible contractors to tender for the execution of the following project which is to be funded through the 2013 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) budget.
2. Procurement of Utility Vehicles
a. 1 No. 16 Seater Staff Bus
i. 5-speed manual transmission
ii. 2.7 litre petrol driven engine
iii. Medium roof
v. Vinyl seats
vii. Radio/CD player
viii. 15” rim size
ix. 15” rim tyres
x. Two front doors L and R
xi. Right side sliding door
xii. 3 speed intermittent screen wiper
xiii. Air conditioned
xv. Power steering
b. 1 No. Operational Jeep
i. 4 speed automatic transmission
ii. Multifunctional steering wheel
iii. Thumb start
iv. Leather seats
vi. Cool box
vii. Cruise control
viii. 4700cc petrol driven V8 engine
ix. Air conditioned
x. CD/DVD with rear seat entertainment.
xi. 18” alloy wheels
xii. Rain sensing wipers
xiii. Front and second row seat heaters
xiv. 4 camera multi terrain monitor
xv. Power steering
c. 1 No. Operational (Saloon) Car
i. 6 speed automatic transmission
ii. 3.5 litre, V6 cylinder engine
iii. Keyless button start
iv. 4 doors
v. Cross traffic alert
vi. Air conditioned
vii. Radio, CD/DVD
viii. Power steering
ix. Leather seat
3. Qualification Requirements
Interested bidders are expected to meet all requirements specified in the Bidding documents which include:
- Evidence of incorporation in Nigeria (CAC forms CO2 and CO7).
- Submission pf immediate past three years’ tax clearance certificate, (i.e. 2010, 2011, 2012).
- Immediate past three years’ audited accounts of the company (2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Evidence of registration and remittance of Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Evidence of compliance with the relevant provisions of the Pensions Reform Act 2004.
- Evidence of compliance with the ITF Act (2011).
- Company Profile
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar jobs successfully executed. Such evidence shall be in form of valid Setters of award of contract, contract agreements and or completion certificates or interim payment certificates, where such jobs are still in progress. Proven integrity of performed projects is added advantage.
- Evidence of financial capability and availability of bank support if awarded the contract. Please note that bankers’ letter merely stating that the applicant operates an account within- a turnover range is not an adequate evidence of financial capability. (Adhere to the format as contained in the Bid Document.)
4. Collection of Bid Documents
A complete set of relevant documents in English language, containing detailed specifications, may be obtained from the address below on payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only payable in cash to NiMet bank account (3362001620, ECO Bank) or Bank Draft issued in favour of Nigerian Meteorological Agency. Collection time is between 9.00am and 4.00pm from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
5. Submission of Bid Documents
Bids must be delivered in an envelope containing two separately sealed envelopes marked technical and financial bids to the address below on or before 12:00 noon on Thursday 19th December, 2013. Bids will not be collected after this period. The name and mailing address of the bidder, including valid contact telephone number must be clearly marked on the envelopes and delivered at the address below.
6. Opening of Bids
Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of representatives of companies, who choose to be present at the Agency’s conference room at 12:00 noon immediately after the deadline for submission of bids. This advertisement also serves as an invitation to all stakeholders and the general public to the bids opening.
7. Bid Security
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2 percent of the bid value.
8. Note: Bidders who do not scale through the technical evaluation stage shall have their financial bid(s) returned unopened.
For Enquiries, please call
07037775161 (Head of Procurement) OR
08066362696 (Desk Officer-Documents)
This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NiMet nor shall it entitle responding contractors to seek any indemnity from NiMet by virtue of the contractors having responded to the advertisement.
NiMet reserves the right to verify claims made by any bidder.
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
NB: The general public and all Tenderers who responded to NiMet’s advertisement that appeared on page 50 and page 8 of Thisday and Federal Tenders Journal respectively of October 21, 2013 and page 25 of Daily Trust of October 22,2013 are hereby informed that compliance with the ITF Act (2011) is also a qualification requirement and a criterion for bid evaluation.
2. All Tenderers should therefore provide evidence of compliance with ITF Act (2011) as part of technical bid documents.
Any inconvenience caused by the above changes is regretted please.
Nigerian Meteorological Agency,
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre,
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport,