Federal College of Education (Technical)
P.M.B. 0189, Umunze, Anambra State
(Office of the Secretary, Procurement Planning Committee)
Invitation to Prequalification and Tender
The Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze, hereby invites reputable and competent Companies with the capacity and experience for timely delivery of projects for Prequalification and Tender for the following proposed Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention (TETFUND) year 2012/2013 (Merged) Intervention in Library Development
|1||Procurement of Assorted Textbooks||TETF/FCE/UMUNZE/LIB/13/01||Lot 1|
|2||Procurement of Journals||TETF/FCE/UMUNZE/LIB/13/02||Lot 2|
|3||Procurement of Library Equipment||TETF/FCE/UMUNZE/LIB/13/03||Lot 3|
Scope of Work;
The Scope of work for the listed projects/Supply will be as contained in the Bill for Measurement and Evaluation (BE ME)/Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
(A) Prequalification Criteria for Procurement/Construction Work
(1) Evidence of company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C)
(2) Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate
(3) Company’s current Audited Accounts.
(4) Company’s Current PENCOM registration Certificate and remittance
(5) Company’s Current ITF registration Certificate and evidence of Remittance
(6) Company’s VAT Registration Certificate
(7) Evidence of registration of key personnel with relevant professional bodies
(8) Letter from reputable Commercial Banks(s) to the company indicating their willingness to provide financial support for the project.
(9) Verifiable evidence with photographs and certificate of job completion of at least three (3) similar projects handled in the last three years mentioning clients, their addresses and contract value.
(10) Evidence that company has fulfilled all its obligation in respect of pensions, social security contributions as require by the Pension Reforms Acts 2004.
(11) Evidence of compliance to industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011
(12) List and evidence of ownership of relevant equipment to be deployed for the job.
Phase note that originals of prequalification criteria A1-A12 are to be sighted on the day of the opening of prequalification
(B) Pre-Qualification Guide
Interested companies applying for the prequalification should note the following:
(1) This is not an Invitation to tender irrespective of the pre qualification requirements submitted to the Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze
(2) The College is neither committed nor obliged to include any company on any bid list or to award any contract to any company or associated agents.
(3) The College will not enter into correspondence with any company on why the company was prequalified or not prequalified,
(4) This advertisement of Invitation to prequalification exercise should not be construed as a commitment on the part of the College, nor shall it entitle companies to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the Institution,
(5) Submission of prequalification of packages is not a commitment on the part of the College to enlist any contractor nor shall it be deemed an acceptance of any particular company for a particular contract,
(6) Full tendering procedures will be applied to companies that are pre-qualified and found prima-facie capable of executing the project who will be invited to pay prescribed tender fees and collect the tender documents.
(C) Submission Guide for Pre-Qualification
Two sets of the prequalification documents neatly bound and separately sealed in envelopes and clearly marked prequalification for the project/procurement of choice should be dropped in the tender box stationed in the office of the Secretary PPC on or before 26th January, 2015
(D) Opening of Pre-Qualification Packages
Prequalification submission will be opened at 12 noon on the closing date 26th January, 2015 at the Council Chambers FCE (T), Umunze in the presence of respondents to the pre-qualification exercise who choose to attend.
(E) Collection of Tender Documents for Procurement/Construction Project
Prequalified companies will be invited to collect tender documents from the office of the Secretary PPC between 9 am and 4pm daily upon the presentation of original receipt for the payment of twenty thousand naira (N30.000.00) tender fee for each of the project or procurement.
(F) Submission of Tender Documents
Completed tender documents are to be dropped in the tender box in the office of the Secretary PPC within the period stipulated in the invitation for submission of tender.
(G) Opening of Tender
The tenders are to be opened by 12 noon on the date of the expiration of tendering period which is to be indicated in the letter of invitation for submission of tender.