Expressions of Interest at ECOWAS Commission
Commission De La Cedeao
From: 5/12/2013; To: 13/0172014
Client: ECOWAS COMMISSION
Type: Expressions of Interest
Title: Recruitment of a Sap Public Sector System Supervising Consultant
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is implementing an Eighteen (18) months project (October 2013 – March 2015) to replace current systems with a SAP ERP Public Sector solution for finance, materials management, travel management, human resources and payroll. The SAP server and hardware is housed at the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters. The SAP environment, also to be supported at ECOWAS Commission Headquarters, is ECC 6.0.
The following SAP modules are to be installed, providing integrated enterprise resource planning and management:
- Finance and Control (FI/CO)
- Fund Management (FM)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Inventory Management (IM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Travel Management
- Document Management Systems
- Netweaver Portal
– Employee Self Service (ESS)
– Manager Self Service (MSS)
2. ECOWAS requires the support of a senior FI/Funds Management resource that has ECC6.0 experience. The consultant will use their consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solutions expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the client’s business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
3. Duties of the consultant:
Consultant will play a leading role in the Project implementation and be involved in all phases from project initiation, through the blueprint phase, gap analysis and mapping performance, to the build phase of design and technical solutions configuration. This would be followed by deployment phase o testing, user training, Production, Go-Live and the provision of post-production support services.
Consultant will lead application integration efforts and should be hands on in working with business users in understanding the requirements and determine technical solutions and its ability to support business needs.
The following Duties are the key aspects of the Assignment:
- To implement and deploy, as per the design-process models and systems/solutions architecture.
- To translate business requirements into coherent solutions, carefully balancing functional needs with data architecture.
- Implement appropriate processes to drive high quality and critical sustainable solutions
- Directly accountable for Data modelling and process modelling
- Assume responsibility and be accountability for technical, functional and product design, maintenance and client services provision
- Establish and develop relationships across the organization with peers, and facilitates the development of initiatives
- Establish and maintain good client relationships, assists in stakeholder benefits identification and management
- Provide specialist coaching and guidance with skills/knowledge transfer as relevant within the organization and its clients
- Involved in all phases of project implementation.
4. The Consultant selected to conduct this mission should, at least:
- Candidate should have at least a Masters’ Degree in a relevant field
- Should be SAP Certified at the date of application
- Have at least 6 year’s hands-on experience with SAP FI configuration
- At least 4 years experience in 3 full project lifecycle implementation with the SAP FM module
- At least 4 years experience in 3 full project lifecycle implementations as a Team Leader on SAP engagements implementing the Fl module.
The Consultant should also have
- knowledge of integration of other SAP modules
- Familiarity with SAP Implementation Methodology
- Good knowledge of project management tools like Prince2, ITIL
- Good knowledge of a project scheduling tool, e.g. MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal, report writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of the working of international organizations,
- Candidate must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
5. The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; IT knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
6. The selection will be based on comparison of curriculum vitae and the selected successful Consultant will be invited to submit Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation of the Contract (Selection of Individual Consultant base on Qualification.)
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9: 00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5.00 p.m. (GMT+1).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration,
Procurement Unit, 101,Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P.
M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria,
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked: “RECRUITMENT OF A SAP PUBLIC SECTOR SYSTEM SUPERVISING CONSULTANT, do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below by January 13th 2014 at 10.30 a.m (GMT+1),
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, Administration & Finance, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
9. This request for EOI can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int/services
Commissioner, Administration & Finance