United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria Country Office is seeking interested Service Providers to become prequalified in relation to upcoming Request for Proposals (RFPs):
- Independent Supervision & Quality Assurance of Works Contracts
The Federal Government of Nigeria and UNICEF Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program is currently having significant operations in about 22 states and 70 LGAs in the country, with one of the key results involving improvement of systems and strengthening capacity of WASH institutions.
In view of above, UNICEF would like to acquire the service of a reputable engineering / construction firm with experience and expertise to undertake independent supervision and quality assurance of all the infrastructure works contracts. This is to put in place a third-party compliance monitoring mechanism to ensure quality and timely delivery of works contracts awarded by the State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies.
- Review of all existing relevant information, data, documents, feasibility reports, technical guidelines & designs pertaining to construction works
- Supervision, quality assurance and certification of all contracts awarded for:
- Construction of Water Facilities in communities covering a) Hand pump boreholes; b) motorized boreholes; c) Comprehensive water facility with water treatment.
- Construction of WASH Facilities in Schools & Primary Health Centres covering a) Hand pump boreholes or Motorized boreholes; b) latrine compartments with hand washing facilities and drainage arrangement.
Time Schedule: Initial contract duration of 12 months
- Legally registered entity with track record of at least five years of relevant experience.
- Competent and committed staff to deliver the contract with the following minimum experts and supported by qualified technical Staff/Engineers, for supervision and monitoring the works:
– Team Leader/Project Coordinator with experience in leading similar assignments with advance degree in Civil Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning.
– Geologist / Water Engineer with a University degree in Geology, Water Engineering or related technical field. Knowledge of design, implementation and supervision of appropriate water supply technology options for rural communities and small towns is mandatory.
– Sanitary/ Civil Engineer with a University degree Sanitary/ Civil Engineering, Public Heath Engineering or related technical field.
- Installation of Solar-Based Power Supply Systems in 40 LGA WashDepartments
UNICEF is implementing WASH Projects in 40 LGAs across 19 States of Nigeria. In some of these project LGAs, there is complete absence of public power supply and to address, UNICEF has procured 40 Sets of Solar based Power Systems. To this effect, a competent and experienced Electrical Engineering Firm to install these systems in the 40 project LGAs is sought which is also expected to provide and install lightening protection and earthing for the systems.
- Deliver the materials to location, install and test run
- Provide operation and maintenance guidelines and train LGA staff on the guidelines
Time Schedule: Delivery within 8 weeks
Qualification: The interested firm for this contract should have at least five years of relevant experience in conducting similar installation. The firm should have technically qualified and competent staff, including;
- Lead Engineer/Project Coordinator with experience in leading similar installation works with a degree in Electrical Engineering study or any other related technical field is required.
- Other Support Staff who will equally be experienced in installation of similar systems and with at least 3 years’ experience working with solar-based systems.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested service providers are required to complete and submit the Supply Profile Form (SPF), which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3841.html or obtained by sending an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting documents as indicated in the SPF shall be submitted to meet the mandatory requirements for prequalification.
EOIs should be submitted to: email@example.com not later than 24th October 2014, 12 Noon. Please quote “EoI Abuja/2014/008 WASH” as subject in your correspondence.
This EOI does not constitute a solicitation and no bids or proposals are required at this stage; Response to this EOI does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender. UNICEF reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. UNICEF also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document.