Request for Expressions of Interest (EoI) for Consulting Services for the Detailed Assessment, Prioritisation, Engineering Design, and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for Reinstating/Constructing Damaged, Washed Away and Missing River Crossings on the Rural Road Network in Enugu State
Enugu State Rural Access and Mobility Project (Ramp-2)
Federal Republic Of Nigeria Second Rural Access and Mobility Project.
Request for Expressions of Interest (EoI) for Consulting Services for the Detailed Assessment, Prioritisation, Engineering Design, and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for Reinstating/Constructing Damaged, Washed Away and Missing River Crossings on the Rural Road Network in Enugu State.
CREDIT No: 5154-NG
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) and the French Development Agency and on-lent the financing to four participating states (Adamawa, Enugu, Niger, and Osun) towards the cost of rehabilitation of prioritized rural roads in these states under the Second Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP-2). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will be applied to eligible payment under the contract for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the services”) include the provision of:
- a professional assessment of approximately 150 small river crossings (mostly involving various types of culverts and small bridges the latter not to exceed 15m total span, plus all associated Works) which require rehabilitation and or construction throughout the State. The initial assessment to be sufficient to allow the short-listing of approximately 50 small river crossings for more detailed assessment;
- a more detailed professional assessment of the 50 short-listed candidate river crossings, leading to the prioritization of approximately 20 small river crossings by Multi-Criteria Analysis, taking account of socioeconomic criteria to be developed by the Consultant (in respect of the project effected people) and the estimated costs of the Works;
- the full detailed engineering design of all of the Works associated with the rehabilitation/ construction of the approximately 20 priority river crossings, together with production of all the associated Bidding /documents f conforming to the World Bank’s Standard Bidding Documents for the Procurement of Works),
- Preparation of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for the proposed interventions, and
- all associated reporting.
The Services are expected to extend over a period of 5 months, involving approximately 14key person-months.
The full Terms of Reference will be made available on request.
The State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) on behalf of Enugu State Government now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide Information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
- Satisfactory experience, in similar environment, of assessing Damaged river-crossings for rehabilitation and construction or upgrading, with all associated Works) including embankment reinstatement, and rural road woks);
- Satisfactory experience of developing and applying Multi-Criteria Analysis in the prioritization of candidate crossings under consideration and/or of low volume roads, taking account of socioeconomic criteria to be developed by the Consultant (in respect of the project effected people) and the estimated costs of the works;
- Satisfactory experience in preparing an associated Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- Satisfactory experience in preparing full detailed Engineering designs for Similar Works;
- 5. Satisfactory experience in preparing full Bidding Documents based on the World Bank’s Standard Bidding Docents for the Procurement of Works, including detailed engineering drawings, standard and special technical specification, and Bills of Quantities (BOG); and
6. Available and suitably experienced and qualified key personnel, the majority of whom should be staff, including:
Team Leader: a qualified engineer with a BSc degree in civil engineering with a minimum of 10years project management experience with management of emergency assessments and experience in bridge works are added advantage. The team leader may be one of the engineering experts listed below.
- Bridge/Structural Engineer: a qualified engineer with a B.Sc. degree In bridge/structural engineering and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in similar project, at least five must be in the region,
- Geotechnical Engineer: a qualified engineer with a BSc degree in foundation engineering and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Drainage/Hydrology Engineer: a qualified engineer with a BSc degree in civil engineering or equivalent with minimum of 10 years relevant experience in similar projects.
- Transport Economist: a qualified transport economist with Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics or equivalent with minimum of 10 years’ experience,
- Environmental Specialist: a qualified environmental specialist with Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in an appropriate field and with 10-years relevant experience in similar assignments.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualification.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualifications (COS) method set out in the World Bank Consultant Guidelines.
The Expression of Interest should therefore be detailed enough to demonstrate that the prospective candidate has the required experience and competence relevant to the assignment.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (i.e. 8:00am to 4:00 pm).
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 4th November, 2014
State Project Coordinator,
State Project Implementation Unit,
Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP II)
Enugu State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure
24 Colliery Avenue, G.R A, (Marketing Company Premise
Near Water Corporation headquarters) Enugu
Enugu State, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 8063583673, +234-8033947446 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org