Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids for Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention Projects at Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State
The Federal Polytechnic
P.M.B 1012, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State
Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids for Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention Projects
The Tertiary Education Trust Fund has allocated funds to the Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda Zamfara State under the Years 2011/2012 (Merged) Normal Interventions. The Polytechnic intends to utilize parts of the funds to execute the following projects:
2.0 Scope of Work
2.1 Construction Work
Lot 1: Construction of Departments of Computer Science and Maths and Statistics Complex
2.2 Procurement of Goods
LOT 2: Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for Various Academic Departments.
LOT 3: Procurement of Computers, Printers, Tables and Chairs
3.0 Invitation of Bids
Eligible and competent Contractors are hereby invited to submit Technical and Financial Bids in respect of the projects listed above.
4.0 Technical Bid Requirements
Interested Contractors wishing to carry out the jobs are required to submit the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2010,2011 and 2012)
- Evidence of VAT registration with TIN No and past remittances for the last three years (2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three years (2010,2011 and 2012) showing annual turn-over
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project from a reputable bank.
- Comprehensive company any profile showing qualifications of the Management and Technical staff including evidences of their experience on the execution of similar jobs.
- List of verifiable relevant construction equipment indicating ownership or lease.
- Verifiable list of similar projects successfully executed and supported with evidence(s) of letters of a ward.
- Evidence of Contribution to the industrial Training Fund (ITF) in accordance with ITF Amendment Act of 2011.
- Evidence of Certification/Exemption from PENCOM in accordance with the Pension Reform Act, 2004 including evidence of remittances of Employee’s Pension Contribution Deductions.
- Letter authorizing the Polytechnic to make enquiry into the documents submitted.
- A sworn affidavit conforming that all information presented are true and correct of the Company and that no Officer of the Polytechnic is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Bidder.
5.0 Collection of Bids
A complete set of Tender Documents are to be collected by interested Bidders from the office of the Ag. Director, Physical Planning, Federal Polytechnic, Kaura-Namoda on presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fees as follows:
- LOT 1 -N20,000.00
- LOT 2 -N20,000.00
- LOT 3 -N10,000.00
6.0 Submission Of Bids
The Technical and Financial Bids must be prepared as separate documents. One original copy and two photocopies should be separately packaged in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial” Bids as appropriate. Both envelopes should be put in another bigger envelope marked with the appropriate Project Title and LOT No. at the top right hand corner of the envelope. The sealed Bids are to be addressed and submitted to:
Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara State
7.0 Closing Date for Submission and Opening of Bids
The closing date for submission of bids is 11th November 2014 by 12:00 noon prompt
The Technical bids will be publicly opened immediately after the close of the Bids submission date and time as stated above in the presence of the Bidders or their representatives, invited relevant professional bodies and NGOs.
Only Bidders who scaled through the technical bidding exercise will be invited to the opening of their Financial Bids.
- A bidder can only bid for Lot 1 OR Lots 2 and 3.
- The Polytechnic will not enter into any correspondence with any unqualified bidder and is not bound to accept the lowest bid.
- This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the Polytechnic nor shall it entail any bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or to seek any indemnity from the Polytechnic by the virtue of such bidder having responded to the advertisement.
- The Polytechnic is not bound to accept bids sent by courier or post
- Electronic bidding is not allowed.
Alh. Sallsu A. Chiroma, mnim