Invitation for Pre-Qualification to Tender for the Construction Of One Main Carriageway Of Southern Parkway From Ring Road (Rri) To S50 Junction (I8.5km)
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION TO TENDER
Federal Capital Development Authority
Invitation for Pre-Qualification to Tender
The Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) through the Department of Engineering Services intends to procure the Construction Of One Main Carriageway Of Southern Parkway From Ring Road (Rri) To S50 Junction (I8.5km) within the year 2014 budget.
In line with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, the Authority is inviting interested, competent and reputable Engineering Construction Companies to submit pre-qualification documents.
- Scope of Work:
The scope of work includes:
- Site clearance and earthworks
- Road Works
- Storm water drainage system
- River Bridges
- Interchange structures
- Confirmatory site tests
- River training
3.0 Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested Companies are invited to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
(a) Evidence of incorporation/registration of the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Articles and Memorandum of Association of the company and up to date Annual Returns with the CAC (forms C02 & C07 to be included).
(b) The Company should in addition show evidence of the following:
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Certificate of registration with Pencom and Remittance to Pension Fund Administrator.
- Payment of Training Contributions to the Industrial training Fund (ITF)
- Compliance with the employee’s Compensation Act (i.e.) Remittance of 1 % of the total emolument of your workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
(c) A sworn Affidavit to the effect that:
- The Company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt
- The Company does not have any Director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- There is no officer of the relevant committees of the Procurement entity or Bureau who is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder.
- That all the documents submitted for the pre-qualification bid are True and correct in all particulars
(d) A chart indicating the number and categories of Nigerians that are to be employed by the company as a result of this project.
(e) Audited Accounts of the Bidder for the last three (3) years duly endorsed by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
(f) Letter authorizing FCDA and her representative to cross-check the submitted company’s Bank account.
(g) Evidence of work experience as the main Contractor executing or having executed a minimum of five (5) projects of similar complexity compared to the proposed work, two (2) of which must have been within the last 5 years. Copies of Award Letters, Last Interim Certificate of Valuation for on-going projects, Completion Certificate and Final Maintenance Certificates where applicable are to be enclosed.
(h) Verifiable list of major construction equipment and facilities mobilized within the Federal Capital Territory including registration numbers, chassis numbers, location (where they can be inspected) and remark on whether these are owned, leased or hired.
The minimum numbers of equipment/facilities are as listed below:-
- Ten (10) Nos Bulldozers
- Five (5) Nos Scrappers
- Ten (10) Nos Graders
- Ten (10) Nos Excavators
- Fifteen (15) Nos Pay Loaders
- One (1) No. Asphalt plant
- One (1) No. Concrete Batching Plant
- Three (3) Nos Asphalt Pavers
- Ten (10) Nos Water Tankers
- Three (3) Nos Diesel Tankers
- Ten (10) Nos Mobile Concrete Mixers
- Fifteen (15) Nos various Compactors
- Five (5) Nos Concrete Pumping Machines
- Ten (10) Nos various type of Cranes
- Thirty (30) Nos 20-30 ton tippers
- Ten (10) Nos dumpers
A functional and well equipped material testing laboratory to carry out material testing.
List of key technical personnel stating their roles, designation, qualification and years of experience with the guarantee that a minimum of seven (7) relevant COREN Registered Engineers of various disciplines shall be deployed to the project. Copies of educational and professional certificates are to be attached.
History of Company’s policy on Community Social Responsibility.
Companies should have a minimum of N15 Billion (Fifteen Billion Naira) average annual turn-over in the last three years.
4 .0 Submission of Documents:
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in duplicate in a Hard copy and an Electronic Copy (PDF format on CD and all should be placed in sealed envelopes clearly marked “ORIGINAL” and “ELECTRONIC COPY” with the following inscription: “Pre-Qualification To Tender For Construction Of One Main Carriageway Of Southern Parkway From Ring Road I (RR I) To S50 Junction (18.5KM).
The pre-qualification documents should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, FCDA and submitted directly to FCDA Procurement Department, Room 014 (Ground Floor) New FCDA Corporate Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja on or before Monday 17th November, 2014. All documents will be publicly opened on the same day at the FCDA Conference Room after the close of bids at 12:00 noon in the presence of all bidders or their Representatives, Professional bodies, NGOs and other interested members of the public.
- Items 3a – 3e are the Eligibility Requirements and the Original documents must be produced by the Company for sighting during the opening session. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION OF FAKE DOCUMENTS IS A FRAUDULENT PRACTICE PUNISHABLE UNDERTHE RELEVANT LAWS.
- The photocopies of professional certificates are to be initialed, endorsed by the owners and professional seal must be embossed on the professional certificates.
- This is not an invitation to tender. Only pre-qualified firms will be invited to tender for the project. Others may know their performance by a formal request to the Accounting Officer of FCDA.
- Interested Companies are responsible for the registration, timely and safe submission of their pre-qualification documents means of delivery notwithstanding.
- The Authority shall carry out Due Diligence on the companies to verify claims included in their submissions.
- Interested members of the Public especially Non Governmental Organizations could attend at their own cost and will be required to introduce themselves to the chairman of the opening session.
- Companies executing up to two (2) major Engineering Infrastructure works for the Federal Capital Territory Administration with contract sums more than N10 Billion and are yet to attain 50% completion should not apply.
- The Authority pledges fair and equal treatment of all bidders but it is bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the process at any time without incurring any liabilities.
- Documents provided in response to item 3(a-k) Must be arranged as LISTED
Director, Procurement For: Executive Secretary