Construction of 2 x 60 MVA, 132/33KV Sub-Station, Installation of 20kw Solar Powered Mini Grids in General Hospitals/PHCs across the 23 LGAs in the State and Solar Powered Stand Alone Street Lights at Kaduna State Government
Issuing Date: 20th October, 2014
Name of Employer: Kaduna State Government, Nigeria
Project Title: Construction of 2 x 60 MVA, 132/33KV Sub-Station, Installation of 20kw Solar Powered Mini Grids in General Hospitals/PHCs across the 23 LGAs in the State and Solar Powered Stand Alone Street Lights,
Project Tender No: KDSG/KDSPP/AD/14
- The Kaduna State Government of Nigeria has received a loan of 30 Million USD through a line credit, from the Export-Import Bank of India and intends to apply this financing to payment under the contract for the construction of 2 x 60MVA, 132/33 kV Sub-Station, Installation of 20kW Solar Mini Grids in General Hospitals/PHCs across the 23 LGAs in the State and Solar Stand Alone Street Light.
- The Kaduna State Government invites eligible bidders from Indian companies registered in India and or incorporated/established under any law In force in India for Tender No: KDSG/KDSPP/A01/14.
Description of Works and Services
The general description of works and services to be carried out shall include the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of the following:
- 2 x 60 MVA, 132/33kV Sub-Station
- 20kV Solar Powered Mini Grid System with all the necessary accessories across the 23 LGA at 26 locations.
- Solar Powered Stand Alone Street Lights within Kaduna Metropolis with 500 Nos. Double Arm and 350 Nos. Single Arm
The bidder must quote for complete scope of work as mentioned above.
- Be an Indian company or entity registered in India and or incorporated/established under any law in force in India
- Evidence of company registration indicating legal status
- Power of Attorney of the person who signs the bid of behalf of the company
- Contractor must have completed or substantially completed at least one (1) 132kV/33kV or higher voltage sub-station preferably in Nigeria in the last 7 years.
- Contractor should have executed solar mini grids preferably in Nigeria in the last 7 years and should be in successful operation for at least 5 years.
- Contractor should have executed at least one (1) solar street light project preferably in West Africa in the last 7 years.
- Contractor should be a manufacturer of crystalline silicon photo voltaic ceils and panels for the past 7 years in India.
- Contractor should have executed at least 1 project of minimum 5 MW rating solar project.
- Evidence of Average Annual Turnover of at least USD 15 million in the last five (5) years. In case of Joint Venture/Consortium/Association, each partner shall meet at least 50% of the indicated average annual turnover.
- The bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit and other financial means other than any contractual advance payments to meet the cash flow requirement of USD $7.0M. In case of a JV/Consortium/Association each partner shall meet at least. 50% of indicated cash flow requirement.
The details of experience, technical and financial requirement are available in bid document.
Bidding & Evaluation Process
- The bids will have to be submitted In two (2) parts which are as follows:
- Part I comprising of Bid Bond and Technical Bid
- Part II comprising of Price Bid
- During tender evaluation Part I, Bid bond and technical bid will be opened first.
- The detailed technical evaluation of the bidder will be carried out in accordance with the requirement of the tender documents.
- The Price Bid of only responsive qualified bidders will be opened for further evaluation.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Kaduna State Power Project Secretariat, Atiku Abubakar House, No 16 Muhammadu Buhari Way (Waff Road), Kaduna on 30th October at 11am local time. The bidders can seek clarifications with regards to the tender in this meeting. All queries from the bidders shall reach the office of the Project Manager at the above address in writing at least three (3) days prior to the pre-bid meeting or through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application/Collection of Tender Documents
- Tender document can be obtained from the office of the Project Manager, Kaduna Stats Power Project, Atiku Abubakar House,. No 16 Muhammadu Buhari Way, Kaduna State Nigeria on payment of a non-refundable fee of USD$ 1,000,00 only, from the hours of 9am – 3pm all working days. Copy of payment receipt must be enclosed in submission of tender.
- Bids must be accompanied by bid bond of Bank Guarantee of USD$ 600,000:00 (Six Hundred Thousand Dollars from a reputable source of an eligible country. If the bond is issued by reputable source outside Nigeria, the issuer shall have e correspondent financial institution located in Nigeria to make it enforceable.
- Documents tor- tendering for the project must be completed in English Language.
- Proposal in one (1) original and three (3) copies with soft copy on CD/Flash Drive in English Language in sealed envelopes marked “Proposal for EPC of 2 x 60 MVA, l32/33kV sub-station, solar mini grids and solar street lighting must be delivered on or before 20th November. 2014 to the address below:
Kaduna State Power Project,
Atiku Abubakar House,
No 16, Muhammadu Buhari Way (Waff Road),
Kaduna State – Nigeria.
Proposal will be opened on 20th November, 2014 in the presence of bidders who chose to attend the proposal opening. Only representative of companies who have submitted their proposals will be allowed to witness the proposal opening.
- Bids submitted late or not signed shall be rejected
- The KDSPP reserves the right to verify the authenticity of submitted documents with the issuing authority.
iii. Bidders with the history of projects abandonment will not be considered.
- Failure of any bidder to provide any of the documents statutorily required for eligibility shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Kaduna State Power Project