Expression of Interest (EOI); Recruitment of an Individual Consultant for the Formulation of ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (EMMDA) at ECOWAS Commission
Comissao Da Cedeao
From: 9th July, 2015:
To: 27th August, 2015.
Client: ECOWAS COMMISSION
Type: Expression of Interest
Title: Recruitment of an Individual Consultant for the Formulation of ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (EMMDA)
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one Island) with a population of about 300million with an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
(2) As part of the mandated activities towards the realization of the main objective of ECOWAS, the Commission is soliciting the services of a reputable and highly-competent person(s) to assist the Directorate of Mining & Geo-extractives Development draft a comprehensive Technical Feasibility Report/Implementation Strategy for an ECOWAS Geo-extractives Observatory & Cadastre System which aligns with the Community’s vision of – “create a borderless, peaceful, prosperous and cohesive region, built on good governance and where people have the capacity to access and harness its enormous resources through the creation of opportunities for sustainable development and environmental preservation”.
(3) For this purpose, The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) seeks to engage the Services of an Individual Consultant for the formulation of ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (EMMDA) (1st Benchmark Result – Complete Draft EMMDA/Implementation Strategy)
(4) The general objective of the study is to assist the Community develop and adopt a comprehensive and useful, internationally acceptable ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (Code) for the realization of the Community’s vision.
(5) Duties and responsibilities of the Consultant:
Within the above context, the consultant will be required to do the following:
- Draft an ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (Code) as described above and its Implementation Strategy, then submit it through the Commissioner, Energy & Mines within a specified number of days.
- Assist the Directorate of Mining as the Commission’s Resource Person(s) in the review and statutory validation process of this document (at intervals as required).
- Assist the Directorate of Mining as a Resource Person in the internal ECOWAS Commission Technical Retreats on this draft document.
(6) The qualifications of the Consultant(s) should include, among others:
- Demonstrated academic competence from a related-field(s) within the geo-extractives sector.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the Community’s developmental policy-orientation for the geo-extractives sector.
- Demonstrated practical experience in multi-sector policy conceptualization and programme development within an international best practice context.
- Proven ability to write reports in clear and concise legal and technical context, communicate effectively, present concepts with limited slides, and meet operational deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent interpersonal skills and to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-lingual and cultural environment of an international development organization.
(7) The ECOWA s Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project) Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
(8) The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant). Please note that the selected consultant will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
(9) Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5.00 p.m. (GMT+1).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Unit, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P. M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria,
(10) Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked: “Recruitment of an Individual Consultant for the Formulation of ECOWAS Mining & Minerals Development Act (EMMDA), do not open
except in presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below by Thursday, August 27th 2015 at 11.00 a.m. (GMT+1).
(11) The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Commissioner, General Administration & Conference, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
(12) This request for EOI can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int
General Administration & Conference