Request for Proposals (RFPS)
SOS Children’s Villages is an international non-governmental social development organization committed to children’s needs, rights and concerns since 1949. SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria, an arm of SOS Children’s villages International began working in Nigeria in 1973 and is one of the 133 Member Associations worldwide. In Nigeria, the organization is present in five states and the Federal Capital Territory. Nigeria: Isolo and Ejigbo- Lagos State. Owu-Ijebu – Ogun State, Jos – Plateau State, Ibadan – Oyo State, Kaduna South-Kaduna State and Gwagwalada- Abuja FCT.
In line with the organization’s development strategies, SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria proposes to conduct a feasibility study and facility assessment to inform future development of its existing programmes at Ejigbo, Isolo, Lagos State and Owu Ijebu, Ogun State. To this end, the organization is therefore interested in engaging qualified firms or research organizations, service support organizations, agencies and individual consultants with expertise in Health and community health programmes, education, care and protection, and development of business plan in INGO sector.
The Principal Investigator oiganization will analyse all relevant information gathered in order to establish the situation of our target group according to the local context, proffer most appropriate responses to address issues specific to the target locations’ situation, identify relevant responses to make such changes, as well as the ‘best-placed’ stakeholders to enable the realization of all proffered suggestions/responses. Succinctly, the organization principal investigator will pro tier recommendations on future programme responses for SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria programme in the specified location, including modification of existing programme responses and or putting in place new ones.
B. Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
The goal of the SOS Children’s Village Programme is that “every child develops within a caring family environment to his her full potential, as a self-supporting and contributing member of society”. Primarily, programme interventions are developed and actions taken based on the context analysis linked in the best interest of the child and in partnership with the key stakeholders in the community. Essentially, SOS Children’s villages Nigeria builds on the foundation of existing resources, initiatives and capacities alongside system strengthening where required. Against this backdrop, the Feasibility Study, a crucial tool will identify and analyse the situation of our target group in the specified Children’s Village Programme locations and its environs, alongside proffer probable programme responses to address issues identified.
The overall objective of the Feasibility Study is:
To provide SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria with essential information for planning the future development of its programmes at Ejigbo, Isolo, Lagos State-REF Code: RFPLAG 112013 and Own Ijebu, Ogun State-REF Code: RFPOGU 112013 in line with the SOS Children’s Village Programme approach.
- Specify the target group of the SOS Children’s Village Programme in those locations, verifying if existing programme participants and other beneficiaries who fall within the target group
- Analyze the current situation of the target group.
- Define desired changes to their situation.
- Identify relevant suggestions responses to make such changes.
- Identify ‘best placed’ stakeholders to implement relevant suggestions/responses.
- Make specific recommendations on future programme responses of the SOS Children’s Village Programme in that location, including modification of existing programme responses and/or putting in place new ones.
For each location, the following will be expected:
- A complete report (in English), in line with the continental guidelines for feasibility studies and facility assessments
- A clear proposal action plan (if relevant) for the development of the functional and financial capacities of the location’s programmes/projects in a bid for more impact, efficacy and efficiency (Business Plan) for a 4-6 year period.
C. Eligibility Criteria & Expected Contents of Request for Proposal
Prospective applicants are requested to submit their “Request for Proposal” demonstrating capacity and capability to undertake this assignment. Request for proposal should contain evidence of experience in conducting the feasibility study, as well as competency of the team to undertake this study.
Technical Requirements/Profile of the Principal Investigator:
- Proven competence in social and operational research, particularly in the following domains
ü Alternative care and protection of children
ü Community development
ü Primary health care and formal basic education
- Excellent analytical, research and report writing skills
- Training in the social sciences (for example social work, psychology, social pedagogy, community development or economics) is an added advantage
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills
- A deep understanding of:
ü The situation of children without or at risk of losing parental care and relevant national legislation
ü Government programmes, policies and strategies relative to children of this target group
ü Child protection in general and major violation of child right
ü The socioeconomic situation of Isolo, Ishaga, Ejigho, Mushin, Oshodi, (Lagos State), and Owuljebu, Ijebu Ode (Ogun State) and its environs
- Knowledge of the SOS Children’s Villages Organisation (added advantage)
D. General Terms & Conditions:
All RFPs received will be based on it’s us relevance, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness in response to the call and should not be more than 5 pages. However, focus will be on the appropriateness of the RFPs in answer to the call, how well the RFP activities qualify, and the extent to which the RFP meets the stated purposes.
Applicants are expected to indicate with the REF Code of the RFP they are responding to (and if both please state both references “SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria – REF Code: and this should be sent to the Contact Address below not later than 5:00pm December 10th 2013.
Request for Proposal should be submitted to SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria via email and courier (both required).
The National Director,
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria
18, Church Street, Off Salvation road,
P.O. Box 660 Shomolu, Lagos-Nigeria