Invitation for Expression of Interest at Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG)
Invitation for Expression of Interest of Provision of Jack-Up Barge, Crawler Crane and Tug Boat to Nigeria LNG Limited in Bonny Island
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) requires the services of professional contractors for the provision of Jack up Barge, Crawler Crane and Tug Boat services in its industrial area on Bonny Island.
NLNG hereby invites interested companies/contractors to express their interest to participate in the tendering for these services;
2. Scope of Work
The services to be rendered in the provision of Jack up Barge, Crawler Crane and Tug Boat Services contract are as follows:
- Provision of suitable manpower, tools and equipment, materials, spares, consumables and accessories to carry out the removal, water transportation and reinstatement after overhaul, of marine loading arms and other related Jetty equipment.
- Determining the appropriate rigging, lifting, and water transportation plan of marine loading arms and any other related equipment that may require lifting and transportation
2.1 Equipment Specifications
a) Jack up Barge:
i) A minimum total carrying capacity of 1200T and deck space of 20m x 40m
ii) The barge spud shall be capable of extending to a sea depth of more than 25meters
b) Crawler Crane specifications:
i) The Crawler Crane shall have a S.W.L of 100T minimum and of Lattice boom design (minimum boom length of 55m)
3. Commencement and Duration
The expected commencement of the contract is fourth quarter of year 2014 and the duration will be for 3 years.
4. Submissions For Expression Of Interest
4.1 General Requirements
Companies/Contractors signifying interest by responding to this advertisement shall submit
- Evidence of previous experience in removal, water transportation and reinstatement after overhaul, of marine loading arms and/or other related marine Jetty equipment executed in the last 10 years. Experience supporting such facilities in gas production plants, oil refineries, chemical plants or similar heavy industrial production facilities executed in the last 10 years should also be clearly stated. Details shall include the Type of Work, Date Executed, Name of Client, Location, Duration and Contract Value. The Tenderer shall also provide a copy of the Letter of Award, Completion Certificate, etc for each contract executed, and contact details of the client’s representative.
- Proof of ownership of the tug boat, Jack up barge and crawler crane or a valid proof of partnership/agreement/MOU with the owner(s) of the tug boat, Jack up barge and crawler crane.
- Technical documentation for the Jack up barge capable of carrying a crawler performing the activity as stated in 2 (scope of work) above.
- Technical documentation for the tug boat capable of supporting a jack up barge performing the activity as stated in 4.1b above.
- Detailed list of Equipment owned/or leased by the contractor that is deployed in Nigeria and that is relevant to the provision of scope of work described above, indicating the capacity of equipment.
- Compliance with Nigerian Content
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010 supports and details expected Nigerian Content deliverables within contracts in the Nigerian Oil & Gas industry.
NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigeria Oil & Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act 2010 for Nigerian Content Development Interested companies shall comply with the provisions of the Nigerian Content Act that relate to this service and in particular comply with the minimum Nigerian Content percentage (%) for the scope which are covered in the Act.
Failure to comply with the Nigerian Content Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development Policy of the Nigerian Government shall result in disqualification from bidding for this contract.
5.1 Nigerian Content Requirements
Companies responding to this advert are required to submit the following in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act, 2010:
- Documentation to demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian-registered company. Submission of certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc) including company memorandum & article of association and other evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
b. The process and procedure that explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (Nigerian Content Plan) and how to achieve the set target(s) in the Schedule of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and any targets set by the Board.
c. A plan for giving first consideration to services provided within Nigeria with a list of work packages, 3rd Party Services and subcontracts which should be reserved for Nigerian indigenous contractors including those that will be provided by Companies of Nigerian origin.
d. A plan of how it intends to give first consideration to raw materials and manufactured as well as assembled goods of Nigerian origin which shall include a breakdown of all raw materials to be utilized and identifying those that are found locally, finished products and materials that will be procured from Nigerian manufacturing & assembly plants, finished goods that order can be placed from outside Nigeria through Nigerian authorized vendors and accredited agents and those that would be directly imported.
e. An employment and training plan (ETP) which shall explain how first considerations shall be given to employment and training of Nigerians in work programme on the contract, hiring and training needs with a breakdown of the skills needed and anticipated skill shortage in the Nigerian labour force including the training and understudy program for succession planning.
f. Technology Transfer Plan (TTP) which shall explain the methodology of how it intends to promote the effective transfer of technology from alliance partners to Nigerian individuals and companies.
g. Research & Development Plan (RDP) which shall explain the methodology of promoting education, attachments, training, research and development in Nigeria in relation to the contract.
h. Details of the company’s corporate organizations overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior & junior skilled officers, etc) identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerian nationals with evidence of type of employment in-country and identifying the positions manned/occupied by other nationals.
i. Proposed organogram for this work scope populated with nationality, qualification of personnel and years of experience of personnel on the job (attach CV of key finance, operational and technical personnel) including a succession plan in this work scope. A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, etc) in Nigeria to support this contract, evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the local subsidiaries
k. Further innovation proposals that would enhance the development of Nigeria content on the service including plans for transition to 100% Nigerian ownership of the company.
6. Pre-Qualification (Site Visit)
As part of the pre-qualification process, NLNG will conduct vendor’s site verification visits (to verify assets, facilities, offices, equipment, compliance with local regulations, etc.) Only companies/contractors successful in the pre-qualification exercise will be invited to provide a competitive tender for this service. Submissions in response to the above requirements shall be completed strictly in accordance with the instructions given in this publication, segregated and arranged in the order indicated.
Failure to submit any of the documents may result in the disqualification of the applicant.
The documents above mentioned should be submitted in Hard Copies in a sealed envelope and marked
“CONFIDENTIAL – Expression of Interest for Provision of Jack up Barge, Crawler Crane and Tug Boat Services in Bonny Island, Nigeria” to:
The Head, Business Strategy & Support,
CPM Department, Production Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Bonny Island, Rivers State
Documents must be received by Nigeria LNG Limited at the Port Harcourt Integrated Support Base (PHC-ISB) not later than 4:00pm on 8th November, 2013.
- This is not an invitation to tender. Full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants who successfully pre-qualify in accordance with NLNG’s pre-qualification processes.
- Notwithstanding the submissions of the Expression of Interest, NLNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any company/contractor and/or associated companies, agents or sub—contractors on any bid list or award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
This advertisement of Expression of Interest shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from NLNG, Technical Advisers and/or any of its Shareholders by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.