From The American People
Solicitation for Certified Auctioneer
Family Health International (FHI 360) with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of HIV/AIDS services by building Nigerian capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive, prevention, treatment, care and related services in various states within Nigeria. FHI 360 Nigeria Country Office is soliciting proposals from experienced, qualified and certified auctioneers for the sale of 11 used Ford /Toyota project vehicles.
Terms of Reference
(1) Provide schedule preventive maintenance service for the numerous assorted pieces of equipment in a timely fashion in High Technology HIV Molecular and Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDRTB) high containment laboratories supported by FHI360.
(2) Conduct equipment/service assessment involving but not limited to diagnosis in order to inform corrective and preventive solutions which may include and repair, general maintenance or calibration to manufacturer specifications.
(3) Conduct system/platform fitness of purpose checks to ascertain that equipment meets the original manufacturer’s specification and satisfies GLP, ISO, SOP and other laboratory standards.
(4) Certification that certain equipment satisfies relevant equipment test procedures according to factory ISO guidelines.
(5) Make available at reasonable intervals a comprehensive service report by the service engineer indicating work done and a summary of the status of the equipment and recommendations.
(6) Where applicable provide adequate onsite and offsite End-user training services and other capacity building activities.
(7) Comply with a preventive maintenance work plan prepared upfront for the maintenance of equipment for all laboratories to obviate downtime incidences.
(C) Submission of Proposal
(1) Complete proposal including professional fee and supporting document must be submitted in a sealed envelope on or before 12.00noon, Friday December 12th, 2014. Envelope should be labeled “Proposal for Auctioneer” and addressed to:
The Procurement Manager
Family Health International (FHI 360),
Plot 1073 JS Tarka Street, Garki, Area 3
(2) Any proposal received by FHI360 after the deadline for submission stated herein shall be rejected.
(3) No proposal shall be modified after the deadline for submission of proposals.
(4) Facsimile (fax), e-mail documents or postmarked documents will not be accepted.
(D) Selection Criteria
Please read this section carefully and be sure that all requested information is included in your submission. Evaluators will neither make assumptions nor draw inferences regarding missing or incomplete information. The submission of incomplete information could result in the rejection of proposals.
The responding auction organization must:
(1) Have at least five (5) years’ experience in auction processes and record keeping for such exercises with more than 50 participants.
(2) Provide evidence of experience in successful completion of vehicle auction executed in the last 5 years.
(3) Recommendation letter from a reputable and notable organization attesting to satisfactory performance in previous auction activity.
(4) Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies or institutions of practice.
(5) Provide list of reference with contact telephone number(s) and email(s).
(6) Submit detailed Company Profile with registered address, functional email, and telephone number(s). The profile will also contain copies of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission, including form CAC7 & CAC2.
(7) Submit Tax Clearance Certificate for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Issuance of this solicitation in no way constitutes a commitment by FHI 360 to award a contract.
FHI 360 reserves the right to vary any part of this solicitation at the time of award if it becomes necessary.
FHI 360 is Value added Tax (VAT) exempted, but charges- Withholding Tax (WTH) in compliance with Nigerian Tax laws.
Bidders must submit requests for clarification concerning this solicitation in writing via email to email@example.com not later than 4:00pm on Monday December 8th, 2014.
(E) Venue for the auction exercise
Venue for the auction exercise shall be the current location of the vehicle as listed in the table below.