Request for Expression of Interest at Ondo State Government
Ondo State Government of Nigeria
Request for Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for a SIFMIS Coordinator to Support Implementation of State Integrated Financial Management
Information System (SIFMIS)
Project: Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
Credit No.: 4667-0 NG
Expressions of Interest
1. This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the dgMarket of 26th November, 2010
2. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of implementing Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project. Ondo State is a beneficiary of the Credit and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for a SIFMIS Coordinator to support Implementation of State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS)
Objective of the Assignment
3. The objective of the assignment is to engage a Consultant who is to support the implementation of a simple but robust off-the-shelf Integrated Financial Management Information Systems IFMIS using a turnkey approach.
Scope of Work
4. The consultant who shall support the implementation of SIFMIS is expected to deliver the following services:
i. Review all existing arrangements on financial information systems in the State.
ii. Review and document business processes and information requirements in order to develop the technical, structural/institutional arrangements and functional requirements for the overall implementation of SIFMIS, with a view to conducting Project Risk Assessment and preparing a Project Charter.
iii. Provide technical support services in establishing the SIFMIS Project Team, conducting Training Needs Assessment, and facilitating the training of the Project Team and key stakeholders, assist the Project Team in developing an appropriate bidding documents, as well as assisting in selecting suitable consultancy firm who will have the specific responsibility for the design, installation, training and testing of the relevant SIFMIS software and related ICT infrastructure.
Qualification and Experience
5. The Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (Please provide detailed CV, description of specific or similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.). The information must show that the Consultant possesses the following:
- Minimum often years substantial capacity, experience and expertise in implementing or overseeing Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) and HRMIS and payroll system in the public sector at Federal or State Government level in Nigeria;
- Skills in accounting and financial management reforms system, analysis and ICT/MIS;
- Minimum of first degree in any field and a professional qualification in accounting issued by an IFAC recognised body.
- Possession of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) PRINCE2, PMP will be added advantage; (Projects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE) is a project management method. It covers the management, control and organization of a project. Project Management Professional (PMP) is a credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Proven experience and competence with respect to change management and organizational development strategies;
Selection of Consultant
6. Consultant will be selected using Individual Consultant Method and in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Submission of Expression of Interest
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below between 9.00a.m 4.00p.m on weekdays (except on public holidays)
8. Your expression of interest (3 copies; one original and two copies) must be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked “CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR A SIFMIS COORDINATOR” to the address below not later than October 24th, 2013. A CD-ROM version should also be included.
Attn: Project Coordinator
Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU),
Ala Quarters, Akure,
Ondo State, Nigeria.
Please Note: This notice of advert is the same with the one earlier published on Tuesday September 17, 2013 as this is only an extension of deadline for submission.