Kaduna State Commercial Agriculture Development Project
Kaduna State Ministry of Agriculture
Invitation for Bids
Credit No. 4539-Uni
Rehabilitation and Construction of Farm Access Roads in Kaduna State: Phase II
IFB No. CADP/KSCADP/CADA/FAR/NCB/02/2013
1. This Invitation for Bid follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Commercial Agriculture Development Project which appeared in “Development Business issue no. WB 3108-756/09 and “This Day” Newspaper of 22nd July 2009.
2. The Kaduna State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (herein referred to as IDA) towards the cost of Commercial Agriculture Development Project (CADP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of Farm Access Roads.
3. The Kaduna State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KSCADP) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Rehabilitation of selected roads as described below:
|Lots||Name of Site||Location||Measurement (Km)||Type of Construction||Bid Security Amount in Naira||Completion Period|
|1||Apyinzwang -Kurfi Kataf
|Z/Kataf LG.||6.809||Paved||4,161,546.00||10.5 Months|
|2||Hayin Gada -Maraban Walawa||Giwa
|3||Sharifai-U/Rabo-U/Dankaka – U/Zakara||Soba L.G.||4.825||Paved||3,365,178.00||10.5 Months|
|4||Gefe-Anguwan Auta||Kajuru L. G.||4.229||Paved||3,142,822.00||10.5 Months|
|5||Tohu – Gobirawa||S/Gari L.G.||2.721
Bidders can bid for one or more lots
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Civil Works and Goods under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and is open to all bidders from eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding document at the Kaduna State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KDCADP), at the address given below from l0:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
6. Qualifications requirement include:
i) Average annual financial amount of construction/rehabilitation work over the last 3 years for each lot as follows:
|Average Annual Turnover (N)||315,268,696.32||420,490,196.25||247,362,020.75||238,092,640.95||182,887,678.59|
ii) Experience as prime contractor in the carrying out at least three (3) projects of similar nature and complexity equivalent to the works over the last 5 years (to comply with this requirement, the work cited should be at least 70% complete)
iii) Availability (own/lease/ hire) of the essential equipment as listed in the Bidding Data Sheet.
iv) A Contract Manager with 15 years’ experience in construction of works of an equivalent nature and volume including not less than 10 years as Contract Manager.
v) Construction Cash Flow requirement for each lot is as listed below:
|Construction Cash Flow (N)||52,845,038.62||70,482,166.23||41,462,586.34||39,908,861.72||30,655,458.51|
vi) Liquid assets net requirement for each of the lot is as listed below:
|Liquid Asset (N)||121,378,448.08||161,888,725.56||95,234,377.99||91,665,666.77||70,411,756.29|
7. A complete set of Bidding Document in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency for the first lot and Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency for each additional lot. The method of payment will be by cash or bank draft in favour of Kaduna State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KDCADP). The document will be collected by bidder’s representative or sent by courier services on request.
8. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 12 Noon on Thursday 19th December, 2013 and must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount stated in the table in paragraph 3 above. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on Thursday 19th December, 2013 by 12.00 Noon, at the address below:
The State Project Coordinator
Kaduna State Commercial Agriculture Development Project Office,
Conference Room of the Kaduna State Agriculture
Kaduna State Agricultural Development Hqts, No 11 Race Course Road,
Opposite Murtala Mohd Square