Invitation to Tender as an Insurer for NNPC Non – Oil Assets and Liabilities for the Year 2014/2015 at Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria.
Invitation to Tender as an Insurer for NNPC Non – Oil Assets and Liabilities for the Year 2014/2015
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation invites interested Insurance Companies registered in Nigeria, to bid as Insurer for its Oil and Aviation Insurance Programme.
The contract for the insurance of the Oil and Aviation Assets shall be awarded to the successful bidder(s) for a period of 12 months. There shall be a Consolidated Insurance Package to include insurance of assets such as property, refineries, depots, vessels, etc and Aviation Insurance to include insurance of assets such as aircraft (fixed wing and rotor wing) owned or operated by NNPC.
All interested Insurance Companies seeking to be considered must satisfy the following eligibility and qualification criteria:
- Be a Limited Liability Company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C) in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission to transact general insurance business.
- Have a Paid up Capital of not less than N3, 000,000,000 as per its latest published Accounts for its general insurance business.
- Be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as at when due.
- Fulfill all statutory requirements to operate as an Insurer in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
All bidders must submit the following documents as evidence to satisfy A to D above:
1. Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission within the last 12 months including Forms CO2 and C07.
2. Certified True Copy by National Insurance Commision (NAICOM) of the Company’s current Licence as an Insurer to transact general insurance business.
3. Company’s published Annual Report and Accounts for the years ending 2012, 2011 and 2010.
4. NAICOM’s approval of annual returns and accounts for underwriting year ending 31st December, 2012.
5. Original Certified True Copy by The Federal Inland Revenue Service or Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths of the Company’s Tax Clearance Certificate for years 2012, 2011 and 2010 (Receipt not acceptable).
6. Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 issued by the National Pension Commission.
7. Group Life Insurance Certificate in compliance with the Pension Reforms Act 2004.
8. Evidence of Compliance with the provisions of the Employee Compensation Act 2010 issued by Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund. (Receipt not acceptable)
9. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011 as issued by the ITF.
10. Certificate of registration with the Department of Petroleum Resources.
Failure to meet any of the above stated conditions shall amount to a fatal flaw (outright dis-qualification).
Principal Evaluation Criteria
Bidders who meet the eligibility criteria shall be further evaluated on the following basis:
- Company’s Financial Capability
- Company, Personnel and Management profile
- Capacity and experience
- Nigerian content submission
- Re-insurance strategy & Claims settlement
In aid of evaluation, bidders are required to submit the following documents /evidence to meet the criteria above:
- Evidence to prove at least 10 years relevant experience in energy and aviation insurance business
- A signed declaration by the Chief Executive Officer that the Company is in good standing with NNPC as regards prompt settlement of all claims reported up to 31st October, 2013 (where applicable)
- Evidence of staff strength to demonstrate that the Company has qualified and capable staff for the class of business the Insurer intends to bid
- Evidence of the Re-Insurance program for the class of business the Insurer intends to bid and documentary proof that the Insurer has paid its Re-Insurance premium up to date
- profile of two (2) top management and five (5) technical staff of the Company with their qualifications and insurance working experience in Life and General insurance business highlighted. A one page Resume of each Technical and Management staff showing qualifications and relevant experience must also be included.
Collection of Commercial Bid Submission:
All interested Insurers should collect the commercial bid documents, from Monday 9th December, 2013 between 11.am and 1.pm daily at the address below:
The Office of the General Manager
Group Insurance Department,
Room 88, 1st Floor, Block D,
Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District Abuja, FCT.
All applications should be in writing and should be submitted as follows:
- THREE (3) copies marked “TECHNICAL BID” AS AN INSURER FOR NNPC NON-OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES 2014 / 2015” written on the front left hand corner of the envelope with the name of the company stated at the back of the envelope.
- THREE (3) copies marked “COMMERCIAL BID” AS AN INSURER FOR NNPC NON-OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES 2014 / 2015” written on the front left hand corner of the envelope with the name of the company stated at the back of the envelope.
Nigerian Content Submission
In compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Content Development Act, NNPC is committed to providing opportunities for indigenous capacity development and utilization. Prospective underwriters must therefore, comply with the following criteria:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian company as stipulated by the Act.
- Prepare a Nigerian Content Plan for the insurance services to be provided.
- Provide a current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Provide past details and present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel.
- Must have verifiable office address(es) in Nigeria.
Nigerian Content Submission
Interested insurers must also submit the following documents in THREE copies in separate envelopes marked “Nigerian Content” written on the top left hand corner of the envelope with the company name stated at the back of the envelope.
- Original Certified True Copies of the Certificate of Incorporation, Forms CO2 and Co7obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Evidence of physical operational presence and set up in Nigeria.
- Nigerian Content Plan for the insurance services to be provided using Nigerian resources, past and present.
- Current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage & of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Details of training budget for Nigerian human capital development.
- A list of in-country registered office addresses.
- Number of jobs to be created by this opportunity.
- Further innovative proposal that would enhance Nigerian Content for the insurance programme.
The successful bidders shall be determined on the basis of a Technical and Commercial Evaluation.
All bids and submissions (Technical / Commercial Bids and Nigerian Content Submission) should be addressed and forwarded to:
Headquarters Tenders Committee,
Room 415, 4th Floor, Block A,
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District, Abuja FCT
The submission should reach the above address by 4.30 P.M on or before Friday 17th January, 2014.
This notice and qualification process shall not place any commitment on NNPC nor establish any legal relationship whatsoever and only successful companies will be contacted.