Invitation to tender at Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute
Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute
KM 3, Asa Dam Road, P.M.B. 1489, Ilorin, Kwara State
Invitation to tender
1.0. The Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute intends to execute some capital projects including constituency projects under its 2013 Capital Appropriation.
2.0. Scope of Project
Lot 1 Goods
(a) Supply of 16 seater bus, capacity not below 2.7. Litre Engine Capacity
(b) Supply of Analytical Chemicals Reagents and Equipment
(c) Supply and Installation of Rice Processing Line to include,
Distoner, Par boiler, Dryer, Packaging facilities at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ilorin
Lot 2 Works
(a) Constituency Project:
(i) Development of Cassava Processing Centre for Enterprises Development of Youth in Ekiti Local Government, Kwara State
(b) Rehabilitation of Hostel Complex at the Institute’s headquarters, Ilorin
(c) Re-modeling of Shea-butter Processing Centre at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ilorin
(d) Construction of Road from the Staff quarters to the second gate
(e) Furnishing of Conference Centre in Ibadan
(f) Reroofing of the Administrative Block/Offices in Kano
To be eligible, prospective contractors must submit the following documents
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Evidence of Tax Clearance for the last 3 year
- Value Added Tax, Registration Certificate
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004
- Evidence of compliance with ITF provisions
- Verifiable Evidence of Similar Jobs done within the last three years stating the names of clients’ locations of projects. Letter of “Contract Award, Certificate of Practical Completion and Certification of Projects.
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three years
- List of equipment to be used and location where applicable, stating whether owned or leased
- An affidavit of not having any director convicted for an offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety
- An affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of NSPRI is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and that all information presented in the bids are true and correct in all particular
- Letter of consent from professionals to be engaged on the project.
- Details of company profile.
- Every page of the bids must be duly signed
4. Collection of Tenders
Tenders can be collected from the office of the Assistant Director, ground floor, KM 3, Asa Dam Road, Ilorin on payment of N10.000 non refundable tender fee in bank draft in favour of Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute as from 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday each day.
5. Submission of Tender
Technical and financial bids should be in separate sealed envelopes and marked accordingly. The two bids s should be enclosed in one big sealed envelope indicating the contract name and lot. Bids are to be dropped in the tender box placed on the ground floor of the Administration Block, Km 3, Asa Dam Road, Ilorin.
All tenders must be submitted on or before 12 noon 25th Nov., 2013. Bids will be opened immediately after closing at the Conference Room of the Institute, KM 3, Asa Dam Road, Ilorin. Bidders or their representatives are expected to be in attendance.
7. Additional Information
i. Prospective contractors must note that late submission will not be entertained as such bids will be returned un-opened to the bidders.
ii. Any bids submitted in the wrong place or through posting will not be treated
iii. Contractors are to state completion period in their bids
iv. Multiple biddings are not allowed
v. This is just an advertisement and does not constitute an obligation on the part of the Institute to continue with the projects as stated above.
Head, Procurement Unit