Advertisement and Invitation for Bids for the Construction of Roads in Kebbi State at Ministry of Works
Kebbi State of Nigeria
Ministry of Works and Transport HQTR Haliru Abdu Secretariat Complex, Birnin Kebbi
Advertisement and Invitation for Bids for the Construction of Roads in Kebbi State
The Ministry of Works for and on behalf of the Kebbi State government will receive bids for the Construction of Roads in Kebbi State until 12.00pm on Friday. September 6th, 2013, at the Office Of Permanent Secretary, Ministry Of Works & Transport HQ, Haliru Abdu secretariat complex, Birnin Kebbi Kebbi State.
The road Projects are as follows:-
- Construction of Township roads in Maiyama Local Government.
- Construction of Koko Township roads,
- Rehabilitation of Suru-Sarandosa road
- Rehabilitation of Tungarmakera-Shanga-Yarbesse and Shanga Township roads.
- Construction of Yauri Township roads.
- Construction of Bubuche-Birnintudu-Kebbi/Sokoto Border.
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope on the bill of engineering measurement and evaluation (BEME) included in the contract documents to be obtained from the office of permanent secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State. The sealed envelope shall be clearly marked for each individual road (in the lower left hand corner).
The bids will be opened at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, September 9th 2013, at the office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Birnin Kebbi.
Bids are invited for the item of works as spelt out in the Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME) collected on the specified road.
The successful bidder must:
- Show knowledge and understanding of the geographical terrain and other geo-physical features of Kebbi state and specific area where the project will be executed.
- Show clear evidence of execution of similar civil engineering project in Kebbi State.
- Show clear records of payment of corporate taxes, PAYE, for personnel/employees, VAT, Kebbi State Tenders Board Certificate, etc.
- Present clear evidence of having in its employment the requisite civil engineering and other competencies required for the execution of a project of this nature; and
- Present such other information and competencies as may be requested or indicated by the Director Civil Engineering Department, Ministry of Works and Transport, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
Bids may be held by the Kebbi state government for period not to exceed (15) days from the date of the bid opening for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the bidders’ qualifications prior to the contract award.
All contractors/subcontractors who are debarred, suspended or otherwise excluded from or ineligible for participation on the execution of any civil engineering or complex engineering contract in Nigeria may not undertake any activity in part or in full under this project.
The Kebbi State Government reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding.
Alh Musa Muhammad Kamba
For: Hon Commissioner,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
Haliru Abdu Secretariat,