Advertisement and Invitation for Bids for the Construction of 6 Span Bridge Along Matsinkai-Firini Road at Ministry of Works and Transport
Ministry of Works and Transport Hqtr,
Haliru Abdu Secretariat Complex, Birnin Kebbi
Advertisement and Invitation for Bids for the Construction of 6 Span Bridge Along Matsinkai-Firini Road
The Ministry of Works for and on behalf of the Kebbi State Government will receive bids for the Construction of 6 span bridge along Matsinkai-Firini road on or before 12.00 noon on Friday December 13, 2013, at the Office of Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works & Transport HQ, Haliru Abdu Secretariat Complex, Birnin Kebbi State, Nigeria.
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope on the bill of engineering measurement and evaluation (BEME) included in the contract documents to be obtained from Director, Civil Engineering Department, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State. The sealed envelope shall be clearly marked “Construction of 6 span bridge along Matsinkai-Firini road” (in the lower left hand corner).
The bids will be opened and read aloud at 12:00 p.m. on or before Monday, December, 16th 2013, at the Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Birnin Kebbi. Bids are invited for the items of work, including but not limited to:
- Construction of the bridge on the specified road.
- Related ancillary civil engineering and relevant hydrological works on the bridge
The successful bidder must:
- Show knowledge and understanding of the geographical terrain and other gee-physical features of Kebbi State and specific area where the project will be executed.
- Show clear evidence of execution of similar civil engineering project in Nigeria.
- Show clear records of payment of corporate taxes, PAYE, for personnel/employees, VAT etc.
- Present clear evidence of having in its employment the requisite civil engineering and other competencies required for the execution of a project of this nature; and
- Present such other information and competencies as may be requested or indicated by the Director, Civil Engineering Department, Ministry of Works and Transport, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
Bids may be held by the Kebbi State Government for period not to exceed thirty (30) days from the date of the bid opening for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the bidders’ qualifications prior to the contract award.
Bid/Contract documents may be examined or may be obtained at the Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport HQ, Haliru Abdu Secretariat, Birnin Kebbi.
All contractors/subcontractors who are debarred, suspended or otherwise excluded from or ineligible for participation on the execution of any civil engineering or complex engineering contract in Nigeria may not undertake any activity in part or in full under this project.
The Kebbi State Government reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding.
For: Hon Commissioner,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
Haliru Abdu Secretariat,