Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for the Execution of Various Projects at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Obafemi Awolowo University
Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender on
(1) 2013 Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities – Special Presidential Intervention Phase I and II
(2) 2009-2012 Merged Teftund Intervention
(3) Year 2013 Tetfund Intervention
(4) Internally Generated Revenue Projects
Obafemi Awolowo University is desirous of awarding contracts for the under-listed projects. It therefore invites bids for pre-qualification and tender for the following projects:
|PROJECT NO.||PHASE I DESCRIPTION||TENDER FEE|
|Al||Construction of Postgraduate Female Hostel (Mechanical and Electrical Works)||₦30,000|
|A2||Construction of Undergraduate Female Hostel (Block B)Lot (i) Builder’s WorkLot (ii) Mechanical and Electrical Works||₦50,000₦30,000|
|A3||Construction of Law Library (Mechanical and Electrical Works)||₦30,000|
|A4||Provision of External Water and Electricity Supplies to some existing Buildings||₦30,000|
|A5||Installation of Wireless Network to some locations||₦30,000|
|B1||Completion of Abandoned Fire Station for Academic Offices and Classrooms for Department of Local Government StudiesLot i; Builders WorksLot ii: Mechanical and Electrical Works||₦50,000
|B2||Supply and Installation of Teaching and Research Equipment ItemsLot i; Supply and Installation of Analytical and Laboratory Equipment Items I
Lot ii: Supply and Installation of Analytical and Laboratory Equipment Items II
Lot iii: Supply and Installation of Analytical and Laboratory Equipment Items III
Lot iv: Supply and Installation of Teaching and Research Equipment Items and Reagents IV
|₦30,000 per Lot|
|B3||Upgrading of Infrastructural FacilitiesLot i: Supply and Installation of Solar Powered Security Lighting Systems
Lot ii: Rehabilitation of Electrical Power Equipment items
|B4||Finishing of Laboratories, Workshops, Classrooms and Academic Offices for the Department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering Department||» 50,000|
|B5||Finishing of Laboratories, Workshops, Classrooms and Academic Offices for the Faculty of Science||₦ 50,000|
|B6||Upgrading of Recreational Facilities (Construction of Indoor Sports Hall and Offices)||₦ 50,000|
|C. 2009-2012 MERGED TEFTUND INTERVENTION|
|Project 1||Completion of Workshop for Entrepreneurship Centre (Builders Work)||₦30,000|
D. YEAR 2013 TETFUND INTERVENTION
|Project 1||Completion of Workshop for Entrepreneurship Centre (Builders Work)|
|Lot i. Procurement and Installation of Campus Fibre||₦30,000|
|Lot ii: Procurement and Installation of Campus Wireless Equipment||₦30,000|
|E. INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE PROJECTS|
|Project 1||Construction of a 500-Seater Lecture Theatre||₦50,000|
|Project 2||Completion of Committee Rooms and Administrative Offices Block as the Extension of University Hall||₦30,000|
|Project 1||Supply of water Treatment Chemicals||₦30,000|
To be considered, potential companies are required to submit all the under listed verifiable documents;
(1) Certificate of incorporation at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and evidence of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in case of a joint Venture.
(2) Include Certified True Copy of CAC registration Forms C02 and C07 containing names of Directors and Shareholders.
(3) Certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company.
(4) Corporate profile, to include a list of the Company’s technical staff, their CVs, and copies of their credentials, including qualification, year(s) of cognate experience and certificate of registration with relevant professional bodies.
(5) Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years (2012-2014)
(6) Copy of VAT registration and evidence of past VAT Remittance for completed projects
(7) Copies of Company’s Audited Statement of Accounts for the last three years (2012-201) duly stamped by a Registered Auditor
(8) Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011, issued by the ITF and stated to be valid up to 31st December, 2015.
(9) Certificate Of Compliance with provision of Pension Reform Act, 2014, issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) and stated to be valid up to 31st December, 2015.
(10) Original Bank Statement of the past twelve (12) months
(11) Verifiable Evidence of similar jobs successfully executed or being executed within the last five years, including types, cost, location and evidence of award and satisfactory completion.
(12) List of equipment to be used for the projects, listed as owned, hired or leased, with evidence of ownership, lease or hire.
(13) Company’s registered address, functional contact address, GSM Phone numbers and e-mail Addresses.
(14) Reference letters from three (3) previous Employers for similar projects, satisfactorily completed.
(15) A sworn Affidavit by a director certifying that:
(a) The documents submitted for the pre-qualification exercises are not only genuine, but correct
(b) None of the Director of the Company had ever been convicted by any court of law.
(c) The Company is not bankrupt
(d) None of the Officers of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is a former or present Director of the Company.
(16) Company’s Banking Detail, including Account Name, Account Number, Bank Name and Branch and Sort Code,
(17) Please, note that the Originals of documents would be requested and should be available for sighting whenever required and the opening of the bids follows immediately after close of submission at 10:00am on Wednesday 19th August 2015
Tenderers are required to pay in the sum stated for each projects as stated in the Table above to the University Bursary or enclose a Bank Draft for similar sum payable to Bursar, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The Bills of Quantity and other Tender documents are obtainable from the Office of the Director of Physical Planning and Development Unit of the University at the University Hall Extension between the hours of 8.30 a.m. and 4.00p.m. daily upon the presentation of the evidence of payment.
Submission of Tender
Interested bidders are expected to put the technical bid in separate sealed envelope and financial bid in another sealed envelope, with each envelope distinctively labelled to indicate its nature while the two envelopes should be put in bigger sealed envelope indicating Company’s Name, particulars and name of the projects, in line with the three envelopes system of tendering.
Envelope for each project should be clearly marked as may be applicable “2013 Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities Special Presidential Intervention Phase I OR II” OR “2009-2012 Tetfund Merged Intervention” OR “2013 Tetfund Interventions” OR “Internally Generated Revenue.
It should be forwarded to the Secretary, Tenders Board, Registrar’s Office, Floor 3, University Hall, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, not later than 10.00 a.m. on the closing date, being Wednesday 19th August, 2015. Please, come with the original evidence of payment on the pre-qualification document opening day.
Closing date for submission of Tenders is Wednesday 19th August, 2015 at 10.00 a.m. and the Opening of Tenders follows immediately in the Committee Room 05, of the University Hall.
Please, note that:
- Only the pre-qualification bid documents will be opened on the bid opening day and only pre-qualified bidders will be invited for financial bid opening, while unsuccessful bidders will have their financial bids returned unopened.
- The University reserves the right to reject any or all pre-qualification packages.
- The University will deal only with authorized officers of the tendering companies and not through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
- Any bidder that submit one set of Pre-qualification documents to be used for pre-qualification evaluation of more than one Lot or project on this advertisement will have his bid(s)
- Any bidder that enclose technical and or financial bid of more than one Lot in a single envelope will have his bid rejected.
- The University is not bound to award more than one (1) contract to the same Contractor.
Registrar and Secretary to Council